Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Development Store Question: Put Main Site Into Maintenance Mode??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Development Store Question: Put Main Site Into Maintenance Mode??

So when we save and bring over the Framework from the Dev store, it replaces all of the "look and feel" templates like Category and Product? I have a situation where one category uses an alternate template that hides prices and other elements. How would that be affected?

I also take it that both stores would need to be at 9.003. My production store is not as I haven't wanted to spend any time on tweaking templates.

Finally, what about
    Keith Oratz
    PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
    www.preparesmart.com

Comment

As long as you setup that same Alternate Display Page in both store, it won't delete that.

Yes both stores need to be fully up to date.
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Ok, this is been very helpful. My last question (for the moment) is coupons. When I bring over the Framework from the Dev store I assume that I will also need to have all of my coupons already converted (or copied) from the Coupon Redemption module. Do they need to be in place on the current Production Store or Dev Store? Also, will the 9.0003 built in coupon fields be the only ones remaining because the Dev Framework brings over updated templates? I don't want to have to deal with two sets of competing coupon fields in the production store.

Thanks!
        Keith Oratz
        PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
        www.preparesmart.com

Comment

Working...
        X