Gift Certificates / Exclude Handling Charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gift Certificates / Exclude Handling Charge

I've set up the gift certificate product, plus a flat rat for Digital Delivery with no charge for the shipping method. I am able to restrict the shipping method to Digital Delivery for the Gift Certificate. But...the owners have a Handling Charge of $2.00 to apply Always and Display as Include In Shipping Rate, which makes the gift certificate shipping $2.00. Now, if I set Display as Separate Line Item, then the Gift Certificate shipping is $0.00.

Is there any way to restrict that handling charge, so that it can be Display: Include In Shipping Rate, but not included in the flat rate Digital Delivery for the Gift Certificate?

Just trying to avoid showing the handling charge as a separate line item.

Thanks,

Jamie
    Jamie Donaldson
    JSDVS Web Design / Development
    Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Re: Gift Certificates / Exclude Handling Charge

You need to give that shipping method a -$2.00 rate adjustment under shipping rules to cancel out the handling charge. We're looking into ways to exclude it other ways in the future.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

One more thing: When I add an additional product to the cart along with the gift certificate, the shipping method still only shows the Digital Delivery of $0.00 and no other shipping method shows when it should add shipping costs for the other product I just put in the cart.

How do I fix that too?

Thanks again,

Jamie
      Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
        You need to give that shipping method a -$2.00 rate adjustment under shipping rules to cancel out the handling charge. We're looking into ways to exclude it other ways in the future.
        It didn't work for me, Brennan. I inserted Rate Adjustment: Fixed -2.00 under Shipping Method Rules for the Digital Delivery - Gift Certificate, and still I get a $2.00 shipping charge being included in the shipping cost.

Jamie
        Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Hi Jamie,

Does the Gift Certificate product have a 0lbs weight? If it does I think you would be better off using the weight restrictions to set up the behavior that you want. At the moment you have it setup so that if the Gift Certificate product is in the basket the ONLY allowed shipping method for the whole order is the Digital download.

What I think you want is “If the Gift Certificate product is the only item in the basket, show only the Digital download method”. Now if you have a Gift Certificate product in the basket and other items you would want it to ignore the Gift Certificate product and show the shipping items for the rest of the order correct?

To get there you would want to use the Restrict to Total Weight option in the shipping method rules, the handling charge settings has a similar option “When Shipping Weight of Order Within Range”. By setting the max weight of the shipping method to 0.01lbs and the min weight of the handling charge to 0.01lbs you should get the results you are looking for.

Let me know if that works for you

-Eric
          Eric Foresman
          Software Tester
          Miva Merchant
          http://www.mivamerchant.com/
          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Foresman View Post
            Hi Jamie,

Does the Gift Certificate product have a 0lbs weight? If it does I think you would be better off using the weight restrictions to set up the behavior that you want. At the moment you have it setup so that if the Gift Certificate product is in the basket the ONLY allowed shipping method for the whole order is the Digital download.

What I think you want is “If the Gift Certificate product is the only item in the basket, show only the Digital download method”. Now if you have a Gift Certificate product in the basket and other items you would want it to ignore the Gift Certificate product and show the shipping items for the rest of the order correct?

To get there you would want to use the Restrict to Total Weight option in the shipping method rules, the handling charge settings has a similar option “When Shipping Weight of Order Within Range”. By setting the max weight of the shipping method to 0.01lbs and the min weight of the handling charge to 0.01lbs you should get the results you are looking for.

Let me know if that works for you

-Eric
            I followed your instructions, and it works exactly how I want it to now, as well as clears up both of the issues I was having!

Thank you so much Eric!!

Jamie
            Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Working...
            X