Purchase Minimum Quantity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchase Minimum Quantity

We have a site that is retail and we are setting it up for wholesale as well.

We are using the built-in minimum quantity feature for the retail side so people must purchase 12 items - any 12 items.

We are using price groups to setup wholesalers but they need to purchase 24 items - any 24 items. So they can order 1 of each of 24 different products if desired.

Will the Minimum & Maximum Quantity module handle this or is it only able to set a minimum amount on a per product basis?

If not, any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Re: Purchase Minimum Quantity

After reading about this further it seems this module will not do what we need as it will force a minimum on an individual product basis. But I found where toolkit can check for a minimum quantity in the basket if the user is a part of a price group.

Is this correct? We actually have two different price groups that will need the minimums and the same minimum for both price groups (24).

Can toolkit accomplish this properly? We want to display an error message on the basket page similar to this but for quantity:
    Code:
    <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="basket|itemcount" /><mvt:if expr="g.itemcount GT 0">
    <mvt:if expr="l.settings:toolkit:baskettotal LT 20">
    <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="sassign|trigger|20" />
    <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="math_subtract|result|trigger|l.all_settings:toolkit:baskettotal" />
    <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="currencyformat|formatted_result|result" />
    <br><b>$20 minimum on all orders.</b> Spend <b>&mvt:global:formatted_result;</b> more to checkout.<br>
    <mvt:else>
    </mvt:if>
    </mvt:if>
    Thank you,
    Last edited by afiumano; 06-25-15, 05:32 AM.

Comment

This module should also do what you need:

http://apps.miva.com/product/WCW-CIMQMIN5.html
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

That is the module I am referencing above - I am finding that it won't work based on the criteria I need. I don't want minimums per product but based on the basket. The user must purchase 24 total items but there aren't minimums for an individual item.

Comment

Has anyone successfully setup something as described above using Toolkit (or another method)? Thanks,

Comment

Working...
          X