PayPal Standard Settings When Using Two Domains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal Standard Settings When Using Two Domains

If I have two different domains that use the same paypal account, what am I supposed to type into the IPN URL settings on the PayPal site?

Both domains use the same PayPal account.

Also, which domain do I type in for the auto return URL?

Thanks in advance.
    Mark Romero
    ~~~~~~~~

Re: PayPal Standard Settings When Using Two Domains

I don't think that's how you should set it up, to use IPN Properly that way you'd need two accounts.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks for the comment, Rick:

I don't think that's how you should set it up, to use IPN Properly that way you'd need two accounts.
      Is there an alternative way to set it up then? (Hopefully, without having to pay extra money.)

I would just mention that the emporiumplus Paypal-r module worked fine with two different domains for years. Unfortunately I don't know enough about paypal to understand the differences between the emporioumplus module and the native Miva Merchant paypal module.
      Mark Romero
      ~~~~~~~~

Comment

A second paypal account wouldn't cost you a dime, why not just set one one up?

Or use PayPal Express Checkout which doesn't have these issues.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

Thanks again for the response:

"A second paypal account wouldn't cost you a dime, why not just set one one up?"

I did not know that is possible. I had tried to open a second paypal account before, but they said it was not possible: they said you could only have one paypal account per bank account.

"Or use PayPal Express Checkout which doesn't have these issues."

Thanks. I found the tutorial for that online here:

http://www.miva.com/videos/articles/paypal-express

At first I didn't see that module in admin. But found it after more searching.
          Last edited by Siamese-Dream.Com; 06-29-15, 10:08 AM.
          Mark Romero
          ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Express Checkout is a built in module, no need to use the app store.

They might be right about two bank accounts, I hadn't thought of that issue.
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]

Comment

Express Checkout is a built in module, no need to use the app store.
              Thanks. found the module.

Would anyone know then if I could just use the same API Username, password and signature for BOTH domains then?

~~~~

Also, unlike in the video tutorial, on the paypal API area, there is nothing that mentions a CERTIFICATE.

Istead of having a link that says, "View API Certificate," it instead says:

"View API Signature"

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.
              Last edited by Siamese-Dream.Com; 06-29-15, 12:52 PM.
              Mark Romero
              ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Hey Mark,

I don’t know about Visa or Master card with paypal, we use authorize.net. But we do accpt paypal also, we have one paypal account on two websites. Miva’s Paypal Express checkout works – one paypal account two websites. When you install the module you will find two paypal modules are installed “PayPay Express Checkout and/ or Payments Pro API Credentials” and “Paypal Express Checkout”. both modules will need to be configured. I recommend using the “API Credentials” instead of your paypal email address. You can get your API credentials from inside you Paypal Admin. Miva’s paypal module will also place the Yellow paypal button on the site, I cannot remember which (we remove that from the page)

The only problem with the module at least for us, is a know bug, or missing feature, that miva is aware of. We require a phone number during checkout, while paypal has a setting in the Paypal admin to send a phone number from paypal to the cart along with the customer info. Miva’s module does not call for the phone number, so of course when the customer clicks next, you get a error for the missing phone number field. But if you don’t require a phone number, as most merchants don’t. The yellow button is a big plus, especially for mobile as the bill to info in imported directly making mobile purchases fast and easy. This was one of the reasons we left bill’s module and went with miva’s.

Thanks

Kevin
                www.automotiveworkwear.com

Comment

The only problem with the module at least for us, is a know bug, or missing feature, that miva is aware of. We require a phone number during checkout, while paypal has a setting in the Paypal admin to send a phone number from paypal to the cart along with the customer info.
                  This is neither a bug nor a missing feature, this is a PayPal security requirement (not sure what third category that falls in ) You can set it within PayPal to ask the customer to provide their phone number optionally via a checkmark on the PayPal screens.
                  Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                  CEO
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Hello Rick,

Sure, If you think I’m wrong I will put in another trouble ticket. About 6 months ago we worked with PayPal tech support and Brennan (at miva). PayPal ran tests and showed that the number was being sent and all PayPal setting were correct to submit the phone number. Brennan stated the issue was the module. We even offered to pay for the development, but were told Miva would get around to in eventually. In the mean time, I will put in another ticket.

Thanks

Kevin

Comment

Put Attention Jim McCormick in the ticket and reference this thread. That'll speed up the process.
                      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                      CEO
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]

Comment

Ok, I am not sure if this is the proper behavior or not:

I got my api certificate from paypal.

I used the instructions on the video typing my API username, password, and pasting the certificate into the fields in the PayPal Express Checkout and/or Payments Pro

When I click update, after it updates, the password and certificate fields are blank.

I noticed that in the instructional video, once the demo clicks update, the password and certificate STAY in the fields.

Any reason why mine is blank after entering the info and updating?

Also, on the paypal site, do I need to set up express payments FIRST before setting up API Credentials?

On the paypal site, it says:

Accept PayPal payments from all your online stores

Use this feature to automatically accept payments from all your online stores and shopping carts before setting up API permissions.
                        Also, does this mean that I have to configure the PayPal express module in a specific way, too? (I am referring to the module that is titled "Paypal Express checkout")?

Thanks in advance.
                        Last edited by Siamese-Dream.Com; 07-01-15, 11:35 AM.
                        Mark Romero
                        ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Siamese-Dream.Com View Post
                          Ok, I am not sure if this is the proper behavior or not:

I got my api certificate from paypal.

I used the instructions on the video typing my API username, password, and pasting the certificate into the fields in the PayPal Express Checkout and/or Payments Pro

When I click update, after it updates, the password and certificate fields are blank.

I noticed that in the instructional video, once the demo clicks update, the password and certificate STAY in the fields.

Any reason why mine is blank after entering the info and updating?
                          That's expected behavior. The video may be old

Originally posted by Siamese-Dream.Com View Post
                          Also, on the paypal site, do I need to set up express payments FIRST before setting up API Credentials?

On the paypal site, it says:

Also, does this mean that I have to configure the PayPal express module in a specific way, too? (I am referring to the module that is titled "Paypal Express checkout")?

Thanks in advance.
                          Express just give you the PayPal checkout button on your BASK and OCST pages. Plugging in your API credentials is all you need to do.
                          Jim McCormick
                          Miva Merchant Support
                          866-284-9812

Comment

Thank You, Jim!
                            Mark Romero
                            ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Well, despite my best attempts at shooting myself in the foot and / or nether regions, I seem to have actually got this working.

Might be a good time to go out and play the lottery!!!
                              Last edited by Siamese-Dream.Com; 07-01-15, 01:32 PM.
                              Mark Romero
                              ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X