Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding About-FAQ link to nav page. Problem with line breaking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding About-FAQ link to nav page. Problem with line breaking.

I'm trying to add an About-FAQ page link on the nav bar along with Storefront, Product List, Basket and Checkout. Made up the About-FAQ page and figured out how to add it on the line, but I can't figure out why the Storefront link breaks into a second line. I borrowed the code from the section for the 'PLST' changing the variables that I figured out where necessary.

You can see it here. http://www.sweet-music.com/mm5/merch...=devsweetmusic

This is the code as I have it now, the spacing between links is intentional (not aware if that would cause a problem, does not seem like it, will be cleaned up in final)

<div id="topbar">
    <div id="logobar">
    <div id="search">
    <form method="post" action="&mvt:global:sessionurl;">
    <input type="hidden" name="Store_Code" value="&mvte:store:code;">
    <input type="hidden" name="Screen" value="SRCH">
    <mvt:item name="customerlink" />
    <mvt:item name="affiliatelink" />
    <input type="text" name="Search" id="searchfield" value="&mvte:global:Search;" />
    <input type="image" src="graphics/en-US/new/search_btn.gif" class="searchbutton" />
    </form>
    </div>
    <a href="&mvt:global:sessionurl;Screen=SFNT&Store_Cod e=&mvta:global:Store_Code;" id="logo" title="My Company" border="0" /></a>

<ul>
    <mvt:if expr="g.Screen EQ 'OUS1' OR g.Screen EQ 'OUSM' OR g.Screen EQ 'OSEL' OR g.Screen EQ 'OPAY' OR g.Screen EQ 'OPRC' OR g.Screen EQ 'OINF' OR g.Screen EQ 'OCST' OR g.Screen EQ 'ORDL'">
    <li id="currenttab"><b><h3>Checkout</h3></b></li>
    <mvt:else>
    <li class="hiddentab"><b><h3><a href="&mvt:global:secure_sessionurl;Screen=OINF&St ore_Code=&mvt:global:Store_Code;">Checkout</a></h3></b></li>
    </mvt:if>
    <mvt:if expr="g.Screen EQ 'BASK'">
    <li id="currenttab"><b><h3>Basket</h3></b></li>
    <li class="hiddentab"><b><h3><a href="&mvt:global:sessionurl;Screen=BASK&Store_Cod e=&mvt:global:Store_Code;">Basket</a></h3></b></li>
    <mvt:if expr="g.Screen EQ 'LOGN' OR g.Screen EQ 'ACED' OR g.Screen EQ 'ACAD' OR ((g.Error_Message_Count GT 0) AND (g.Screen EQ 'SFNT'))">
    <mvt:if expr="g.Basket:cust_id EQ 0">
    </li>

<mvt:if expr="g.Screen EQ 'PLST'">
    <li id="currenttab"><b><h3>Product List</h3></b></li>
    <li class="hiddentab"><b><h3><a href="&mvt:global:sessionurl;Screen=PLST&Store_Cod e=&mvt:global:Store_Code;">Product List</a></h3></b></li>

<mvt:if expr="g.Screen EQ 'ABOUT'">
    <li id="currenttab"><b><h3>About-FAQ</h3></b></li>

<li class="hiddentab"><b><h3><a href="&mvt:global:sessionurl;Screen=ABOUT&Store_Co de=&mvt:global:Store_Code;">About-FAQ</a></h3></b>
    </li>

<mvt:if expr="g.Screen EQ 'SFNT' AND g.Error_Message_Count EQ 0">
    <li id="currenttab"><b><h3>Storefront</h3></b></li>
    <li class="hiddentab"><b><h3><a href="&mvt:global:secure_sessionurl;Screen=SFNT&Or der=0&Store_Code=&mvt:global:Store_Code;">Storefro nt</a></h3></b></li>
    </li>
    </ul>
    <br class="clear" />
    </div>
    </div>

Re: Adding About-FAQ link to nav page. Problem with line breaking.

I think all you would need to do is increase the width on the #logobar ul div in automotive-styles.css
    Try the following...

#logobar ul {

• position: absolute;
    • top: 184px;
    • width: 475px;
    • margin: 0;
    • padding: 0;

}
    Happie Mendenhall
    Support Technician
    Miva, Inc.

Comment