Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creating Sets (Kits) with Multi Product Add to Basket ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Sets (Kits) with Multi Product Add to Basket ...

Like Don Quixote - I keep looking for a solution.

We sell Sets or Assemblies of product.

I have a Sofa (FrameS + 3 cushions), Love Seat (FrameL +2 Cushions), Chair (FrameC +1 cushion).

The cushions are all the same size but they come in different colors.

Can I
    a) Create a Special Product Page
    b) Have a custom field that describes what the Kit is for Sofa etc.
    c) Have an Attibute for color
    d) Some how find the part number for cushion with the chosen color
    e) When customer clicks add to basket we do a multi product add of all the items in teh custom field list.

I am hoping that this way I can send the order over to QuickBooks using Synchro as atomic items Frame + 3 Green Cushions or as appropriate.

If I use inventory variants I only get the Frame and Green Cushion - the concept of 3 green cushions (the qty 3) seems to be lost.

Comments welcome.

Sam

Re: Creating Sets (Kits) with Multi Product Add to Basket ...

This can be done using Miva's Inventory Kit Builder.

Create the product and attribute how you want where they can choose the color for the cushion.

Then go into the inventory kit builder tab and click on each color. Here you can map it to a part product (an individual cushion) and choose how many of that part are included (and reduced from inventory) when the kit product is purchased.

Now by default the kit product will be added to the cart, with its attributes so you will see a single sku in the cart. However because you set it up as a kit, you have the option to display the parts of the kit. You will need to add this code:

Code:
    <mvt:foreach iterator="part" array="group:parts">
    	Part: &mvt:part:code;
    		&mvt:part:name;
    		&mvt:part:quantity;
    		&mvt:part:total_quantity;
    </mvt:foreach>
    This video should help as well:

https://vimeo.com/15443795
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Brennan,

How would this solution go into Quickbooks through Synchro?

Would the parts go as line items of the order?

Thanks
      Sam

Comment

Quickbooks would only see the kit product code, not the part products in this setup. I know Quickbooks does support assemblies but what I don't know is if you can say when an order contains this kit product code, map it to these assembly products. If so that may work for you.

If it doesn't then your only other option would be to build a product page multi-add where when the customer clicks add to cart each individual kit product is added to the cart. This way they all pass to Quickbooks individually since they will be seperate line items in the order. There are some trade offs to doing this as a customer could remove individual items from the cart and you have less control over the price since you are no longer buying the kit product, but instead just the items that make up the kit.
        Last edited by Rick Wilson; 06-30-15, 08:52 AM.
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

Brennan,

Would Atandara behave any differently? or is the problem that the order itself does not have the atomic parts?

I did not want to create the groups or assemblies in QB because it would mean that if I have 25 cushion colors and 3 sizes of sofas, I would have 75 parts.

On dining set type things it might be OK to create a mirror product in QB because I can choose the permutations.

Thanks for your help Brennan.

Adding the capability to pass alongteh components of a kit would be fantastic for so many people.

Sam

Comment

Hello all

Any hope here of creating kits where
            a) Kit pricing is dependent on parts
            b) COmponents of the kit could have attributes and options?

My old example again
            a Sofa for us is a frame and 3 sets of cushions. A love seat is a frame and 2 sets of cushions.
            Cushions can be many colors (say 25).

My kit is a Sofa = 1 frame + 3XCushions (where you can choose the cushion color)

Since we keep inventory as single cushion sets and frames I would like the order to be like 1 frame + 3 cushions of a certain color when they buy a sofa.

Finally I would like the whole order in atomic parts to be passed along to Quickbooks through Synhchro or Atandra or whatever the clever people at Miva recommend.

This because we have channels other than Miva and all inventory needs to be consolidated somewhere.

It would make it very worthwhile to have this functionality in many ways.

Thanks
            Sam

Comment

Hello

Some few questions on kits - most of them are repeats. I have not tested the recent versions of Miva for kits therefore this question again

Is there any hope here of creating kits where
              a) Kit pricing is dependent on parts (Sum of parts less discount)
              b) Components of the kit could have attributes and options?
              c) Price of kit shows before adding to basket
              d) If there are options that could change the price the price of kit could be shown as "From $xx.yy"
              e) Order is recorded as individual components (for inventory purposes)
              f) Order transfers to Quickbooks through Synchro at atomic parts level.

My old example again
              a Sofa for us is a frame and 3 sets of cushions. A love seat is a frame and 2 sets of cushions.
              Cushions can be many colors (say 25).

My kit is a Sofa = 1 frame + 3XCushions (where you can choose the cushion color)

Since we keep inventory as single cushion sets and frames I would like the order to be like 1 frame + 3 cushions of a certain color when they buy a sofa.

I would like the whole order in atomic parts to be passed along to Quickbooks through Synchro or Atandra or whatever the clever people at Miva recommend.

If I have to do grouped products on the quickbooks side for every permutation - very quickly I run into very large numbers. This because we could have a Conversation Set which could have a SOfa, A Love Seat, 2 Single Chairs, a coffee table with a color choice. This set would require me to create groups of groups unless I use a multi product add - which is really a category .....

We have channels other than Miva or Amazon and all inventory needs to be consolidated somewhere.

Thanks
              Sam

Comment

Using Kits, you're going to run into issues importing into Quickbooks. It does not see the part data.

You're best option is to not use kits and instead built a custom page template to pull in the multiple products you want and build a multi-product add to add the individual skus to the cart. This will enable you to track inventory correctly and the correct data will pass to Miva.

This is all possible, it will just take some custom logic in the page templates to give you the functionality you're looking for.
                Brennan Heyde
                VP Product
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]

Comment

So this template would take input from a list (A|B^2|C^1|D^3) and then we do the calculations for what the set of 1A + 2B + 1C +3D would cost, weight, etc. Calculate a discount if we wish, and do some template work so that when they say add to cart - 1A, 2B, 1C and 3Ds get added to cart and the discount gets added to cart as a negative.

And we have to figure out what would happen if they removed just one of the components.

William Weiland (I just heard he passed - may he rest in peace - he was someone I looked up to) had a module similar to this which we had purchased which does not work any more called Kit Maker. Surprisingly the existing kits work, the Mysql dies on any new kits. he also had an array which we could interrogate for components. I wish we had that again - it would reduce a lot of the infrastructure work.

Anyway - thanks
                  Sam

Comment

You can't dynamically calculate the price in the template code. The final price would just be a sum of all its parts. You could then give it a discount using a price group.
                    Brennan Heyde
                    VP Product
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                    X