Required Agreements for International Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Required Agreements for International Orders

Right now we use a workaround approach for our International customers by having them fill out a separate form to collect their billing and shipping details and product order, then we call them to complete the transaction. But, this does not create an "order" in the system, since it bypasses the Checkout process, and is awkward for our customers. The reason we have used this workaround form method comes down to mandatory required agreements that International customers need to check the box to confirm. The ideal solution is to let International customers use all the same checkout features as US-based customers.

Pros: Streamlined with the complete site Checkout process, except will need to have single ship option of "Will Call for Ship Quote" for OSEL and single payment option of "Will Call for Credit Card" for OPAY.

Cons: The required mandatory agreements. We have two sets of required agreements: one for US-based customers and one for International customers. We currently use the Addendum module to collect the required agreements for US-based customers and restrict International customers from ordering except through the separate form. The problem is that Addendum doesn't offer an alternative set of required agreement questions at checkout, and has no solution for a conditional approach (if US, then agreement set A, if Outside US, the agreement set B). Are there any solutions to this dilemma?

Thank-you,
    Shannon

Re: Required Agreements for International Orders

Simply wrap the different questions with:

<mvt:if expr="g.billcountry NE 'US'">

internation questions

<mvt:else>

other questions.

</mvt:if>
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks, but I don't think this will work within Addendum. For US customers, we have 2 required agreements. For International customers, we have 4 required agreements. The Addendum screen has a "primary question set" field and a separate field to list which question numbers are required. While I may be able to add a conditional within the "primary question set" field (thought I had tried this before, but will try again), I have no way of making a conditional that will change which question #s are required (1&2 for US, 1-4 on International).

Thanks,
      Shannon

Comment

I don't remember how addendum does its 'required' field tests...if its with a hidden field within the form post, then its easy, if not, you might have to convert to using custom fields or use a javascript/jQuery method of making the fields required. (Basically disabling the Continue button until the proper fields are filled, which you'd have to do for custom fields.)
        Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Hmm, I haven't heard of using custom fields to collect required checkboxes. How do you set it up to ensure that the checkboxes have been checked before the Continue button is "enabled"?

Also, I did look at the source code on my checkout page with the Addendum questions and yes a hidden field is generated:
          <input type="hidden" name="AddendumRequired" value="1|2">

Thanks,
          Shannon

Comment

You need use javascript/jquery to disable the Continue button unless the checkbox is checked. Lots of scripts out there to do that but that's the basic idea.
            Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

I just tried adding the conditional statement within the Addendum "primary question set" field, but it seems to be ignoring the conditional and displaying both sets of questions. I even tried <mvt:if expr="g.Basket:ship_cntry NE 'US'"> but the result was the same.

Thanks,
              Shannon

Comment

Something is wrong then...what page are you doing that test on.

And to answer your previous question, you should be able to just use different hidden fields for the US / Non-US required fields

i.e.,

<input type="hidden" name="AddendumRequired" value="1|2">
                and
                <input type="hidden" name="AddendumRequired" value="4|5|6">
                Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

I am testing on OPAY. Since I couldn't get the conditional statement to work "inside" the Addendum module screen, I have switched to trying to "hardcode" it directly onto the OPAY page. Hence my question on the other thread that you answered re: keeping form fields checked/selected on page refresh. But ultimately it would be great to just keep all the coding/conditionals for the required fields within the Addendum module interface for ease of editing.

Thanks,
                  Shannon

Comment

Well unless the addendum module uses a managed template (which I don't think it does)...conditionals won't work and you have to use the page templates.
                    Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                    X