Can't Add Main Image For Certain Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Add Main Image For Certain Products

I am able to add SOME of the Main images from my import file, but not all of them.

Also, I have tried to add the images directly by going to Product, then the Images tab, and then Add, then Add image already on server path, and I get the error that the File does not exist or is not a valid file, even though it DOES exist.

Take a look at this page please:

http://dev2.thebuddhagarden.com/tibet-nag-champa.html

You will see that the image for the product DOES exist on the server, right?

But if go into the admin, and click the Add image, choose add from server path, and then put in this path:

images/incense-tibetan/tibet-nag-champa-mn.jpg

It says the file does not exist or is not valid.

(BTW: The reason you see it displaying on the product page is because I ALSO have the legacy Full-sized image field set to the same path).

So how come I can assign that image to the legacy full-sized image field (at the bottom of the first tab in the product admin screen), but not as the Main image in the images tab on the product edit screen?

Is the path too long??? Is there some limit to the file path for Main images (but not for the legacy full-sized image field?)?

(BTW: It looks like I have several dozen products where the Main image was not assigned by the product import.)
    Last edited by Siamese-Dream.Com; 07-01-15, 05:42 PM.
    Mark Romero
    ~~~~~~~~

Re: Can't Add Main Image For Certain Products

Also, I double checked the properties of the image, and the folder they are in

/incense-tibetan/

has 755 permissions, while the individual image itself has 644 permissions, which should be correct.

Thanks in advance.
    Mark Romero
    ~~~~~~~~

Comment

One more thing...

If I open a ticket for Miva tech to look into it, do I have to log out of my site, since only one admin is supposed to be able to work on a site at a time?

I don't really want to stop working on my site while I wait for someone from Miva to take a look at it...
      Mark Romero
      ~~~~~~~~

Comment

If I open a ticket for Miva tech to look into it, do I have to log out of my site, since only one admin is supposed to be able to work on a site at a time?

I don't really want to stop working on my site while I wait for someone from Miva to take a look at it...
        No, we have Developer licenses in support that bypass that requirement.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks so much.

Do I still need to set up an admin username and password though for them?

Also, I really don't want to tie up support if I don't have to, since I know I bug them enough as it is. Does anybody out there see that I am simply having a brain cramp and missing the obvious fix?

If I don't hear from anyone in an hour, maybe I will open a ticket.

thanks again.
          Mark Romero
          ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Bump..

I was hoping to finish things up over the fourth of july weekend since would probably have to go into maintenance mode for the better part of a day.. Haven't heard anything back from tech support either.

thanks in advance. I think it is a brain cramp but I just can't figure it out.
            Mark Romero
            ~~~~~~~~

Comment

UPDATE:

this is solved. It had to do with the incorrect file path - don't know how that gremlin slipped in there.
              Mark Romero
              ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
              X