Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sum of Parts Pricing for Kits Without Attributes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sum of Parts Pricing for Kits Without Attributes?

I am attempting to create "kits" that are simply made up of a fixed set of existing items... the customer does not need to make any attribute selections. I would like to use the "Sum of Parts" pricing method so that over time as component prices fluctuate the kit price will reflect those changes. The components being used to assemble the kits are NOT inventoried.

I was hoping I could simply,
    - Create the "kit" product
    - Leave the Product Price for the kit set to the 0.00 default
    - Go into Inventory Variants > Edit Default Variant > Add the products and quantities needed to assemble the kit.
    - Choose Sum of Parts pricing (to override the kit's Master Product Price.)

This seems to work once the product is added to the cart (at that point the correct Sum of Parts price is shown in the basket) but on the Product Page and Category Page the kit's price is still displayed as zero.

Is there any way to accomplish this type kit pricing on the Product and Category Pages without having to create Attributes and using the Inventory Kit Builder? If it is necessary to use the kit builder, how would this scenario be set up since there are no necessary attribute selections?

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Re: Sum of Parts Pricing for Kits Without Attributes?

You would need to add your own Logic to create the price for you. The dynamic price for sum of parts only works if you are using attributes/inventory kit builder
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Re: Sum of Parts Pricing for Kits Without Attributes?

Thanks Brennan. Does the existing logic that is used for the Kit Builder reside somewhere in the PROD page? I guess I would want to use that as a starting point if possible to try to figure out new logic?
      Psydde Delicious
      Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
      Philadelphia, PA
      www.DeliciousBoutique.com
      www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Working...
      X