Price Group Display Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price Group Display Choices

What if I want to show, for lack of a better word, the array of volume prices available on the product page when using a volume discount price group for the product?

For example, I want to achieve something like this on the PROD template:

Super Awesome Widget
    $4.99 ea
    $3.99 ea for 3+
    $2.99 ea for 10+

It doesn't appear that there are variables available for this sort of display. Should I just use toolkit to perform the math and code it into the product page template?

Other options?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Last edited by Mark Stephens; 07-08-15, 08:56 PM.

Re: Price Group Display Choices

Another question. The token for formatted discount shows the dollar value. Is there a token that will show the percentage instead?
    Code:
    &mvt:discount:formatted_discount;
    Thanks

Comment

This is built in, but you need to manually create the item and add it to the page.

Create a new item with the code of "volume" and the module is "discount_volume".

Then assign this item to the PROD page (or any page you want to display the table)

Last add this item tag where you want the chart to display.

<mvt:item name="volume" param="product:id" />

The table can be customized via the template on the PROD page. It shows up when the item gets assigned.

There is not a token that will display the %, but you can calculate it yourself.
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thank you, that's quite slick.

However, two things aren't behaving as I'd expect.

First, the volume table only displays if the quantity already added to cart will initiate the volume break. But I want to display the table at all times --- so if it's your first time landing on that product page you'll go, "oh, hey, if I buy 100, I can get a discount." Sadly that's not how the volume table behaves. Can I make it do as I wish here?

Second, the table is not computing the math correctly while the basket is computing correctly. Very strange behavior. The table is not basing the displayed volume price

This product has a volume discount set for 25% off for 1, 25% off at 100, 33% off at 1000. But look what happens.

Base Price: $21.99
        Price $16.49

1-99 $12.37
        100-999 $11.05
        1000+ $10.39

I expect to see this, below, with correct math. To add to it, the pricing calculates the way I expect when the item is placed in the cart at the different volume levels.

Base Price: $21.99
        Price $16.49

1-99 $16.49
        100-999 $14.84
        1000+ $13.85

In short, it looks to me like the variables in the table are using the wrong value to compute the prices.
        Last edited by Mark Stephens; 07-09-15, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Please see this post:

http://extranet.miva.com/forums/show...amically/page2

It has a explanation of that issue
          Brennan Heyde
          VP Product
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

Comment