Synchro - Full Name Field?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synchro - Full Name Field?

Is there a way to have a Full Name Field throughout a store instead of First Name Last Name? We are running into problems with synchro creating duplicate accounts in quickbooks and having a Full Name field where we can list "company" or "name" would solve the issue.

Thanks.

Re: Synchro - Full Name Field?

Originally posted by afiumano View Post
    Is there a way to have a Full Name Field throughout a store instead of First Name Last Name? We are running into problems with synchro creating duplicate accounts in quickbooks and having a Full Name field where we can list "company" or "name" would solve the issue.

Thanks.
    Hello afiumano,

When you say "Is there a way to have a Full Name Field throughout a store" , I'm assuming you want to change the native OCST form. On the ship to bill to form in Miva you want it to say full name there? If that is the case I assume you can change that in the page templates, however I doubt you'll be able to change the field mappings in Synchro to that. It sounds like a 2 part question.

1. can the form be changed in Miva, and
    2. once it is changed can synchro's field mappings see those changes.
    Rafael Buelna
    Miva Support Engineer
    800.608.MIVA (24/7 Support)
    http://www.miva.com
    http://www.miva.com/support

Comment

Re: Synchro - Full Name Field?

Yes, it would have to be changed everywhere so that when Synchro runs it is only pulling one field, not two. Our idea would be to make it a field that can store Full Name OR Company Name - whichever applies.

So far, all we can come up with is placing the company name in the first and last name fields by dividing it.

So Acme Whole Foods would be: First Name: Acme, Last Name: Whole Foods.

And then we will have an issue when those customers login to their account since they will be able to change that.

Has anyone who uses Synchro figured out a better way to get companies to synch properly without creating new accounts in Quickbooks?

Comment

Working...
      X