Bootstrap vs ReadyThemes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bootstrap vs ReadyThemes

I'm trying to wrap my mind around Bootstrap vs ReadyThemes.

Are the ReadyThemes something Miva built?

Are Bootstrap frameworks compatible with Miva 9?

Which is recommended, ReadyThemes or Bootstrap?

Thanks!
    Cameron
    Trent Studios, LLC
    Graphic Design, Website Design
    TrentStudios.com
    (970) 568-8652

Re: Bootstrap vs ReadyThemes

The Bootstrap Framework precedes Ready Themes and is simply a Developer Focused Framework that's built using BootStrap.

The Ready Themes are two things. They're a set of tokens placed in a template along with a corresponding set of controls built in to the Version 9 Admin so that when those tokens are in place (say mvt:readytheme_logo for a (technically incorrect) example) that if you change the logo via the Ready Themes controls in Admin it automatically chances in your template (without needing to make a template change).

This obviously allows for less (or even non) technical users to manage a Miva store without needing to crack into the template code.

Finally some of the Ready Themes are based on BootStrap (I think the Base Ready Theme is) but not all of them are.

As a rule I'd start with a Ready Theme and if you want BootStrap, pick one of the ones based on it.

Finally not all Ready Themes have to be built by Miva, but thus far they're the only ones on the open market.
    Last edited by Rick Wilson; 07-20-15, 11:31 AM.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
    X