Product Images via Mobile Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Images via Mobile Device

So I just discovered that on a mobile device in the admin I can add images to a product as I shoot them with the camera on the phone. Clever.

Sadly on a phone it's a little difficult to navigate through the admin. So what about a mobile image management app to simplify the matter?

If I were to have a mobile app custom built, I envision it working like this:
    Open app > type product code to which the images should go to > select images from phone > Choose Image Type for each > Submit

It's a long shot, but does anyone here build mobile apps? Recommend a source to have one built? Does something like this already exist?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Last edited by Mark Stephens; 07-17-15, 01:47 PM.

Re: Product Images via Mobile Device

Well, Mobile apps are not cheap to make. Also, one might question the quality of using un-edited phone photos for product images <g>.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

I can certainly understand that position (photo quality)! The products in question, for us anyway, actually do lend themselves to be shot on a phone. They'd be for unique, funky, one-off items our guys find in the warehouse.

You're probably right otherwise. The expense to pull it off most likely can't be justified by the sales dollars involved.

Comment

Assuming that you have wi-fi in the warehouse why not buy a dedicated 9-10 inch hi-rez tablet. Likely to have much more screen real estate than your phone.
        Keith Oratz
        PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
        www.preparesmart.com

Comment

Working...
        X