Alter default admin search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alter default admin search

Is there anyway to adjust the admin search to look for a custom field?... I see in advanced you can adjust many settings, yet I don't see a way to look for a custom field. Giving my url's a (product name) for instance floral-chemise which is best for SEO purposes apparently, it is however not how I want the code to look which could be STM-1000. I have on site a custom field to replace the Code: floral-chemise to show STM-1000 so all looks and works great... yet doing a search, id like to just put in STM-1000 to find product and not that URL of floral-chemise. At the end of the day it takes much longer to find a product in search cause I cant pull up that custom code product field. So is there anyway to adjust search to do this. if it could be set to look for a custom field that would help greatly.

Hope this makes sense... Thanks
    Last edited by Datagg; 07-20-15, 12:10 PM.
    Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
    Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Re: Alter default admin search

To add, I have been going to add/hide columns to let show that custom code field yet i still have to fiddle thru 1,000's of products to find the one im looking for at that time. If the search could be allowed to add a custom field to its advanced options that would be ideal.
    Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
    Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Comment

Re: Alter default admin search

The admin search does not currently support custom fields but we will be adding this in the future.
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
      X