Static Copy of Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Static Copy of Site

Can someone help me with this? I'm still earning ad revenue from a store that's been out of business since 2010 but keeping Miva going is prohibitively costly (and I just got hit with a $50 non-compliance fee (again) after being promised I wouldn't be). I tried a plugin once that was supposed to do it and (surprise, surprise) it wouldn't work on my site.

Can someone help?
    Last edited by diecastfast; 07-22-15, 06:54 AM.

Re: Static Copy of Site

Who promised you that you wouldn't be?

Also there's no way to keep a static copy of the site without the core software.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Hi Rick,

Been a long time.

It was Laura. Or is this now a new one? Last time it was $25. No notice, just a strange charge on the card, start digging, see an invoice for non-compliance. Is this SOP, man? Not even an email?

Comment

If you can send me anything Laura said promising that I'd like to see it, that doesn't sound like her.

And NCF's are algorithmic and we sent an email 18+ months ago explaining how they work.

If your store is more than 90 days out of date you get a penalty, that hasn't changed.

The only way to avoid this fee is to update your site, which should be super easy if you're not actually taking orders on it. Why not just update?
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
          If you can send me anything Laura said promising that I'd like to see it, that doesn't sound like her.

And NCF's are algorithmic and we sent an email 18+ months ago explaining how they work.

If your store is more than 90 days out of date you get a penalty, that hasn't changed.

The only way to avoid this fee is to update your site, which should be super easy if you're not actually taking orders on it. Why not just update?
          Rick,

I'm not involved in the community. I'm semi-retired and this old site generates profit from AdSense revenue. I don't accept credit cards. I honestly don't even remember how to log into the site anymore.

If I receive an email telling me to update the software or pay $50, I'll update the software. So this is now the 3rd time that I've been through this. NO EMAIL. There was no email. I have Gmail and searching 'Miva' shows the last time this happened and Laura said there'd be no charge. It showed up, Brennan took it off.

Can you please tell me the date of the email warning me to do this and why I didn't get it but get all the invoices (inlcuding the monthly overages for an old dead site getting very little traffic?)

Can you tell me any other SAAS that does this? Help me understand. This is reasonable?

Comment

Other SaaS companies force you to update by doing it for you, we don't do that. So this is the tool we use. We also don't send individual emails about this it would be too confusing. This is the policy you need to pay attention to our updates and stay on top of them to avoid the fees.

For a customer to keep our software for a non used store to earn AdSense revenue is the definition of an edge case.

If you do update after the fact we'll credit you one time, but this will keep happening if you don't get ahead of it.
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]

Comment

Rick,

I'd appreciate some consideration here. I don't have $50 to toss away so easily. I'll promise to keep up with future updates if you'll take care of this invoice for me and tell me the login URL.

Comment

Mike,

Of course, can you email me off forum so I can get someone to help you?
                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                CEO
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                X