Notification of Non-Compliance Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notification of Non-Compliance Deadline

It would be nice to have some kind of countdown or notification within the admin regarding how many days left until an upgrade becomes mandatory before generating a non-compliance charge. As a small business website manager with multiple sites, I don't always get an upgrade done on a site immediately or may not visit the admin that regularly. And then I don't know when the upgrade became available so I don't know how many days I have to take care of the issue. When an upgrade comes out, could there be a display in the admin to say when the upgrade went online and how many days are left to get the upgrade installed? Or even an email notification if some compliance upgrade needs to be taken care of by such-and-such date. This would be extremely helpful. I made this suggestion to a Miva support representative, but he didn't really seem like he thought it was a valid request.

Thank-you,
    Shannon

Re: Notification of Non-Compliance Deadline

We have a new billing system coming out end of year and we're looking at if it's feasible to make this part of that process. We haven't made a final decision though and strongly encourage people to just keep an eye out for all upgrades and stay on top of them.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Another idea might be to include some metric for the update like: "This update should take less than 30 seconds"...or "There are no logged dependencies for this update". Most of the point releases take less than a minute to run, and don't caveats like "Will not work with this version of Module X"....but I think a lot of store owners don't know this, and have been conditioned to be very wary of updates.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Okay good to know. Thank-you for the update and quick response to my concerns, Rick. And yes Bruce, maybe I'm still of the old mindset that an upgrade might break my store and that I should have some space cleared in my schedule just in case!

Thank-you,
        Shannon

Comment

Exactly right Shannon. I have been holding off on going from 9.0002 to 9.0003 because I haven't had the time to track down the various Template changes (although I'd really like to implement some of the new features). Earlier this week I was assessed my first $50 non-compliance charge. That got my attention. Now, just have to find the time...
          Keith Oratz
          PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
          www.preparesmart.com

Comment

This is a good time to re-iterate. You don't HAVE TO make the template changes until you're ready to use the new features. You should always upgrade fairly quickly (if there's going to be an unforeseen catastrophic issue, we'd find it within a couple days of release) and then make the template changes whenever you're ready.
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]
            https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
            X