Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Specific Sales Price" rather than regular price in Template Data Feed

Brennan,
    Can you confirm this function will appear in 9.5?
    I have tried to create a page as Bruce described but I can get it to work correctly.

If anyone has a page that works and is willing to share I would appreciate the information.
    Thanks,
    Chet Vincentz
    [email protected]

www.electrodyne.cc Quality Motoring Accessories
    www.racdyn-usa.com BMW, MINI & Porsche performance
    www.artisticartifacts.com Creative art materials

Comment

We use this method for a variety of 'feeds'. Everything from XML to JSON encoding. The method is pretty basic, the devil is in the details (as it is for any API interaction).

What specific things "dont' work"?
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Hi Bruce,
        I'm not a programmer so I asked some other Miva people who have done some work for me in tn the past to set something up for me as a starting page that I could tweek. Unfortunately nothing constructive happened.

Does any sample page exist that I might review to see what are trying to accomplish? Can someone point me to something or send me something as a starting point.

I am trying to create the Google feed as I have done with Bill's template feed in the past. I was able to modify that feed, add and remove columns and move them around but I don't understand how to make a page give me an output text file or something I can convert to a file to manually submit to Google. I still use the template feed but don't use the building Miva sales price function.

This page feed is to be the solution to use the built in Miva sales price function and still be able to submit the proper prices to Google.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
        Thanks,
        Chet Vincentz
        [email protected]

www.electrodyne.cc Quality Motoring Accessories
        www.racdyn-usa.com BMW, MINI & Porsche performance
        www.artisticartifacts.com Creative art materials

Comment

PM me as I don't want to publish the URL of the page in question. The example I have in mind feeds a Netopia Advanced Site search feed. Netopia's feed was a direct copy of Google's product feed.

All the other implementations that are similar are in production sites so not about to let anything into those pages :)
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

We have transitioned a number of clients to template based feed generators, just finished 5 for SearchSpring. With this method each template based feed is customized to meet the specific needs of the given store, offering excellent flexibility, however there is a trade-off in setup time compared to the old feed modules. We are offering this as a service in the new year, if anyone has a need, please feel free to reach out to us.

Comment

Working...
            X