remove left column

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remove left column

I've unassigned the category_tree item from a new product page template I've created. I've made sure all the other same items that are asisgned to the PROD page template, are also assigned to my new page template.
    Does anyone know how to remove the left column?
    Thanks!
    Cameron
    Miva 9.0003
    Trent Studios, LLC
    Graphic Design, Website Design
    TrentStudios.com
    (970) 568-8652

Re: remove left column

If you have unassigned the category tree from page, there should be a blank left column on that page. You can remove that from the page template. It would be <DIV> tag calling that category_tree item inside.
    Rajnish Sinha
    ---------------------
    https://twitter.com/rajnishsi

Comment

If you look at your site pages and find one that does not have that left column, you can copy that page template code and insert it directly into your new page template. From there assign the items much like that page you copied has...of course, compensating for what you do and don't want on that new page...depends on what the new page is supposed to be about or do. This way you don't have to worry about that left column at all...being blank or otherwise.

Jamie
      Jamie Donaldson
      JSDVS Web Design / Development
      Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Comment

Thank you for your responses, rajnishsi and jsdva. However, I don't see an empty div anywhere. I did copy the template from the PROD page template, which doesn't have the left column. I was surprised to see it in my new page, since the template I copied it from didn't have it (left column with category tree).
        Cameron
        Trent Studios, LLC
        TrentStudios.com
        (970) 568-8652

Comment

Any number of forum readers could have easily told you specifically...if a URL was supplied :)

That being said, I'd actually recommend another method of removing the left column. Once you actually locate the div, find its CSS selector and set that selector's declaration to include display:none. Faster, and...you can easily revert in the future.
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Of course. Forgot that. It's at http://dev.theteatable.com/product/giftcertificate.html
            Last edited by cway; 07-28-15, 09:33 AM.
            Trent Studios, LLC
            TrentStudios.com
            (970) 568-8652

Comment

Go to User Interface > Settings > HEAD Tag Content

Find <mvt:assign name="g.screenCheck" value="'ABAL,ACAD,ACED,AFAD...

Add your custom page code to this list. Looks like PRODGC?
              Ron Frigon
              Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

That's it, Ron.
                Thanks!
                Does anyone know what that token does?
                Trent Studios, LLC
                TrentStudios.com
                (970) 568-8652

Comment

If you want other functions to work as on the PROD page you'll probably also need to edit your scripts.js file to duplicate any functions for jsPROD: function ()... with jsPRODGC: function ()...
                  Ron Frigon

Comment

The screen check is used in a few places, mainly here in the BODY Tag Content:

<mvt:elseif expr="l.settings:page:code CIN g.screenCheck">
                    <body id="js-&mvte:page:code;" class="boxed <mvt:eval expr="tolower(l.settings:page:code)" /> single-column">

This adds the single column class to the body tag, removing the category tree.
                    Ron Frigon

Comment

Working...
                    X