Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Analytics Says Missing Tracking Code... But I See Vistis in GA...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Analytics Says Missing Tracking Code... But I See Vistis in GA...

I get an error message in the upper right hand corner when I log into my google analytics account

No valid tracking code found for property
    http://www.thebuddhagarden.com's default URL
    http://www.thebuddhagarden.com. Make sure your pages are tagged with a supported version of the tracking code.

Although when I go to my analytics report and look at the analytics for my home page, I do see data for visits in google analytics.

MY GA tracking id is UA-2493872-2

Google analytics says that I should use this script:
    Code:
    <script>
      (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
      (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
      m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
      })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-2493872-2', 'auto');
      ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>
    In the Miva Merchant Google analytics module input fields, I have it set like this:

Google Analytics ID: UA-2493872-2

Domain: www.thebuddhagarden.com

Mode: Universal Enhanced Ecommerce (analytics.js)

Thanks in advance.

Any thoughts on why GA is saying there isn't a valid tracking code???

(I've tried the "check again" function in GA a few times and it still keeps coming up as missing a valid tracking code.)

Thanks so much.
    Mark Romero
    ~~~~~~~~

Re: Google Analytics Says Missing Tracking Code... But I See Vistis in GA...

Bump
    Mark Romero
    ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Siamese-Dream.Com View Post
      Bump
      Do you have anyone you talk to at google about adwords at all?

When I went through this I had google fix my site. First thing they did was switch the site back to classic analytics saying that Miva's implementation of universal was broken. Not sure what version that was but using classic I have had 0 problems.

Using classic mode this is my analytics code.
      Code:
      <script>(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
        ga('create', 'UA-XXXXXXX-X', 'auto');
      ga('require', 'displayfeatures');
      <mvt:if expr="(l.settings:page:code EQ 'BASK') OR (l.settings:page:code EQ 'ORDL')OR (l.settings:page:code EQ 'OCST') OR (l.settings:page:code EQ 'OSEL') OR (l.settings:page:code EQ 'OPAY') OR (l.settings:page:code EQ 'INVC')"> ga( 'send', 'pageview', '&mvta:page:code;.html' );<mvt:else> ga( 'send', 'pageview' );</mvt:if>
      </script>
      Last edited by Mark Hood; 07-30-15, 12:09 PM.
      Mark Hood
      Vermont Gear

Comment

This is my ecommerce tracking code
        Code:
        <mvt:miva compresswhitespace="off" /><script type="text/javascript">

var _gaq = _gaq || [];
          _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-XXXXXXX-X']);
          _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
          (function() {
            var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true;
            ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
            var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
          })();

_gaq.push( ['_addTrans',
        	'&mvt:ga_transaction:order_id;',	// transaction ID - required
        	'&mvt:ga_transaction:store_name;',	// affiliation or store name
        	'&mvt:ga_transaction:order_total;',	// total - required
        	'&mvt:ga_transaction:total_tax;',	// tax
        	'&mvt:ga_transaction:total_ship;',	// shipping
        	'&mvt:ga_transaction:ship_city;',	// city
        	'&mvt:ga_transaction:ship_state;',	// state or province
        	'&mvt:ga_transaction:ship_cntry;'	// country
        ] );
        <mvt:foreach iterator="item" array="ga_transaction:orderitems">
        _gaq.push( [ '_addItem',
        	'&mvt:item:order_id;',				// transaction ID - required
        	'&mvt:item:code;',					// SKU/code - required
        	'&mvt:item:name;',					// product name
        	'&mvt:item:cancat_code;',			// category or variation
        	'&mvt:item:price;',					// unit price - required
        	'&mvt:item:quantity;'				// quantity - required
        ] );
        </mvt:foreach>

_gaq.push( ['_trackTrans'] );	//submits transaction to the Analytics servers

</script>
        Mark Hood
        Vermont Gear

Comment

Hi again, Mark:

Firstly, thanks for your help with this. I really appreciate it.

Secondly, where / how are you placing your second code snippet (the ecommerce tracking code)?

Are you just pasting it into the head tag?

If I were to just take the code you pasted in the second snippet you posted, and just copy it and use my GA property ID, and paste it into my head tag, is that all I would need to do?

And for the first snippet, is that even necessary? It looks like the FIRST snippet you posted (google-analytics.com/analytics.js) is actually the UNIVERSAL code, while the second snippet (google-analytics.com/ga.js) is the CLASSIC code.

~~~~~

Or are you saying use BOTH snippets of code you posted above?

~~~~~~

Oh, and one more thing: Did someone at google actually roll back your google analytics account to be compliant with the classic code? Meaning, does something ON GOOGLE'S END need to be changed?

Or did you mean that simply that you are using the classic code again?

I remember when switching from classic to universal, it took a few days for google to do whatever they have to do on THEIR end to allow me to use universal tracking. So I would imagine that reverting would require google to do something on their end???

Thanks in advance.
          Last edited by Siamese-Dream.Com; 08-04-15, 11:05 PM.
          Mark Romero
          ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Hi again, Mark:

Firstly, thanks for your help with this. I really appreciate it.

Secondly, where / how are you placing your second code snippet (the ecommerce tracking code)?

Are you just pasting it into the head tag?

If I were to just take the code you pasted in the second snippet you posted, and just copy it and use my GA property ID, and paste it into my head tag, is that all I would need to do?

And for the first snippet, is that even necessary? It looks like the FIRST snippet you posted (google-analytics.com/analytics.js) is actually the UNIVERSAL code, while the second snippet (google-analytics.com/ga.js) is the CLASSIC code.

~~~~~

Or are you saying use BOTH snippets of code you posted above?

~~~~~~

Oh, and one more thing: Did someone at google actually roll back your google analytics account to be compliant with the classic code? Meaning, does something ON GOOGLE'S END need to be changed?

Or did you mean that simply that you are using the classic code again?

I remember when switching from classic to universal, it took a few days for google to do whatever they have to do on THEIR end to allow me to use universal tracking. So I would imagine that reverting would require google to do something on their end???

Thanks in advance.
            Bottom of the INVC page and honestly I'm not sure if google need to rollback anything or not.
            Mark Hood
            Vermont Gear

Comment

Hi again, Mark:

Thanks for the response.

Just to confirm:

1) Ecommerce tracking goes specifically on the Invoice page and is put in the bottom of the TEMPLATE area, right?

2) You have Classic (ga.js) selected in the:

Home -> Utility Settings -> Google Analytics Settings -> Mode: menu selector, right?

(I believe that is what you SAID, but it APPEARS to my tired eyes that you would have Universal (analytics.js) selected, although I could easily be mistaken.)

3) Won't having BOTH the default Miva Merchant GA codeAND the GA ecommerce tracking code on your invoice page show you as having twice as many visits to your invoice page as there actually are?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
              Last edited by Siamese-Dream.Com; 08-05-15, 11:45 AM.
              Mark Romero
              ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Hi again, Mark:

Thanks for the response.

Just to confirm:

1) Ecommerce tracking goes specifically on the Invoice page and is put in the bottom of the TEMPLATE area, right?

2) You have Classic (ga.js) selected in the:

Home -> Utility Settings -> Google Analytics Settings -> Mode: menu selector, right?

(I believe that is what you SAID, but it APPEARS to my tired eyes that you would have Universal (analytics.js) selected, although I could easily be mistaken.)

3) Won't having BOTH the default Miva Merchant GA codeAND the GA ecommerce tracking code on your invoice page show you as having twice as many visits to your invoice page as there actually are?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
                We are using classic.js and that is all we have.
                So to recap...
                classic (ga.js)
                Google analtics tracking code on all but INVC page is
                Code:
                <script>(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
                <mvt:if expr="(l.settings:page:code EQ 'BASK') OR (l.settings:page:code EQ 'ORDL')OR (l.settings:page:code EQ 'OCST') OR (l.settings:page:code EQ 'OSEL') OR (l.settings:page:code EQ 'OPAY') OR (l.settings:page:code EQ 'INVC')"> ga( 'send', 'pageview', '&mvta:page:code;.html' );<mvt:else> ga( 'send', 'pageview' );</mvt:if>
                </script>

Eccommerce code just on INVC is
                Code:
                <mvt:miva compresswhitespace="off" />
                <script type="text/javascript">

var _gaq = _gaq || [];
                  _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-XXXXXXX-X']);
                  _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
                  (function() {
                    var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true;
                    ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
                    var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
                  })();

_gaq.push( ['_addTrans',
                	'&mvt:ga_transaction:order_id;',	// transaction ID - required
                	'&mvt:ga_transaction:store_name;',	// affiliation or store name
                	'&mvt:ga_transaction:order_total;',	// total - required
                	'&mvt:ga_transaction:total_tax;',	// tax
                	'&mvt:ga_transaction:total_ship;',	// shipping
                	'&mvt:ga_transaction:ship_city;',	// city
                	'&mvt:ga_transaction:ship_state;',	// state or province
                	'&mvt:ga_transaction:ship_cntry;'	// country
                ] );
                <mvt:foreach iterator="item" array="ga_transaction:orderitems">
                _gaq.push( [ '_addItem',
                	'&mvt:item:order_id;',				// transaction ID - required
                	'&mvt:item:code;',					// SKU/code - required
                	'&mvt:item:name;',					// product name
                	'&mvt:item:cancat_code;',			// category or variation
                	'&mvt:item:price;',					// unit price - required
                	'&mvt:item:quantity;'				// quantity - required
                ] );
                </mvt:foreach>

_gaq.push( ['_trackTrans'] );	//submits transaction to the Analytics servers

</script>
                Mark Hood
                Vermont Gear

Comment

Thank you again, Mark:

Ok, I am officially baffled...

I'll try it your way and see what happens for now. If that is what the people at google said to use, then who am I to argue with them???

Thanks again.
                  Mark Romero
                  ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Hi again, Mark (and anyone else following this).

You said one thing that I hope you can clarify:

Google analtics tracking code on all but INVC page is
                    Does that mean that you are NOT showing the following code on your invoice page?

Code:
                    </script>
                    If you are NOT showing the code, how are you preventing it from showing?

I ask because I appear to be getting TWICE the number of visits to the invc page as I should be getting, but am not getting any ecommerce data (although the lack of ecommerce data is I think a separate issue that I just fixed).

Thanks in advance.
                    Mark Romero
                    ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                    X