• Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 9.0004 Bug Reports

I have this and it is not working at pit-bull.com:

<mvt:if expr="l.settings:category_listing:page_links:last_ page GT 1">
    <div class="col-md-9 col-sm-9">
    <div class="paging">
    <mvt:if expr="NOT l.settings:category_listing:page_links:contains_fi rst">
    <a href="&mvte:category_listing:page_links:first_link ;">1</a><span class="dots">&hellip;</span>
    </mvt:if>
    <mvt:foreach iterator="pages" array="category_listing:page_links:pages">
    <mvt:if expr="l.settings:category_listing:page_links:curre nt_page EQ l.settings:pages:page_num">
    <span class="current">&mvte:pages:page_num;</span>
    <mvt:else>
    <a href="&mvte:pages:link;">&mvte:pages:page_num;</a>
    </mvt:foreach>
    <mvt:if expr="NOT l.settings:category_listing:page_links:contains_la st">
    <span class="dots">&hellip;</span><a href="&mvte:category_listing:page_links:last_link; ">&mvte:category_listing:page_links:last_page; </a>
    </div>
    </div>

Comment

Since the upgrade if I search for anything with a / in it like 3/32, my search pagination doesn't work. I get the first page results, but other pages change / to %2F. I opened a service ticket about this but haven't heard anything.

Any ideas?
      Thank you,
      John

Comment

Originally posted by widgetsupply View Post
        Since the upgrade if I search for anything with a / in it like 3/32, my search pagination doesn't work. I get the first page results, but other pages change / to %2F. I opened a service ticket about this but haven't heard anything.

Any ideas?
        I have had an open support request on this issue for almost a week. Can you please give it some traction? It is KQC-936-24436.
        Thank you,
        John

Comment

Hi John
          Stacey has just responded to your ticket, in essence what was going on is this. You have configured your store to always be accessed securely with an htaccess rule somewhere that redirects you to secure if you hit a link that is not set to be secure. That redirect was causing the URL to become double encoded.

As of mm9.004 one of the changes was to add a checkbox to each page that forces all links and access to that page to be done securely. By checking that box all the pagination links are secure by default and no longer get redirected & therefore no longer get double encoded.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Eric
          Eric Foresman
          Software Tester
          Miva Merchant
          http://www.mivamerchant.com/
          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Foresman View Post
            Hi John
            Stacey has just responded to your ticket, in essence what was going on is this. You have configured your store to always be accessed securely with an htaccess rule somewhere that redirects you to secure if you hit a link that is not set to be secure. That redirect was causing the URL to become double encoded.

As of mm9.004 one of the changes was to add a checkbox to each page that forces all links and access to that page to be done securely. By checking that box all the pagination links are secure by default and no longer get redirected & therefore no longer get double encoded.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Eric
            Appreciate it.
            Thank you,
            John

Comment

Using HTML tags in meta description breaks template...

Not so much a bug, but...

One of my products had the meta description showing on the actual page itself, above the global header.

The problem was that I had html in the meta description, like this:

Code:
              <font color="red"><b><i>Now On Sale!</i></b></font>
              Go ahead, put that in the meta description of any of your products, and you will see that it actually gets displayed on the page of that product.

Now, i know that you aren't supposed to put html in the meta description. But sometimes I just accidentally put it in there.

Also, I know Miva is probably not interested in coding a fail-safe way around this in case some other idiot (besides myself) puts html in their meta description.

However, you might want to pass it along to tech support just in case some other bozo writes in saying that they have this mysterious text floating above the header of their pages.

BTW: I am using suivant ready theme... no idea if it does the same thing on other themes...

Hope this helps.
              Mark Romero
              ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Hey Mark -

The readythemes have some custom logic in the head tag that outputs the meta tags. Right now they are not being encoded but you can easily change that. Go to your head tag and look for this line:

<meta name="description" content="&mvt:category:metafield:description;" />

Change it to:

<meta name="description" content="&mvte:category:metafield:description;" />

Also, we're in the process of updating the readythemes to support the 9.0004 template changes. There is a new item tag that replaces all the custom logic we have in the head tag and it does output the meta tags encoded by default.

<mvt:item name="prodctgy_meta" param="combined" />
                Brennan Heyde
                VP Product
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]
                https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by eldon99 View Post
                  Eric,

I am running windows 8.1 on my laptop with latest Firefox and Chrome. I am also running windows 10 on my desktop with the latest of Firefox and Chrome. it happens on both computers.

So to reiterate the issue: When I am in the admin the cursor does not blink in text fields and text area boxes. I have run Ccleaner on everything which did not help.

Regards,

Eldon

Hi Eldon
                  I use win7 and my cursor does blink, however when I look at the same text area on a win8.1 box with IE the cursor does not.

Here is a link to a 3rd party html text area, give it a try and see if it is behaving the same as Miva admin.
                  http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit....yhtml_textarea

I think this might just be a change in the way that windows 8.1 and 10 handle the textarea.

-Eric
                  Eric Foresman
                  Software Tester
                  Miva Merchant
                  http://www.mivamerchant.com/
                  [email protected]

Comment

Since we upgraded to 9.0004 when we try to post Product Updates/Deals on Pinterest (using Rich Pins) everything populates fine except for the price. Sometimes the price populates but most of the time the price does not.

Has something changed with the new Rich Pin setup?
                    Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
                    (770) 441-9447
                    The Martial Arts Store

Please Visit Our Site At:
                    http://www.themartialartsstore.com

Comment

nothing im aware of would impact that, that does your code look like that is creating the pinterest tags.
                      Brennan Heyde
                      VP Product
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
                        nothing im aware of would impact that, that does your code look like that is creating the pinterest tags.
                        Brennan,

Yes sir, all other aspects are being created properly. The strange part is it does populate the price about 35% of the time.
                        Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
                        (770) 441-9447
                        The Martial Arts Store

Please Visit Our Site At:
                        http://www.themartialartsstore.com

Comment

I doubt this is specific to 9.0004 but it's a bug all the same.

We had an issue where the store owner had a select attribute that indicated color choices. He accidentally checked "inventory" instead of "required" for the attribute. He did not create any inventory variants since that wasn't the intention.

When a customer tried to add the item to their cart, it came back and said that one or more selections for attributes had not been made, even though all required attributes had been selected. The error message is confusing. It should say something like "inventory variant not found" or something along those lines, to help with troubleshooting. Telling the customer that they forgot to select an attribute when clearly they didn't, made it harder to troubleshoot. (And wasn't useful to the customer anyway, since they had clearly selected a choice for all attributes.)
                          Susan Petracco
                          NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Well *I* call this a bug.

The URL Prefix should NOT be a fully qualified URL as, if you switch from say dev. to www. you have to manually change this setting before any of your links will work correctly.

What is the point of using a fixed URL? Would anyone, say working on www.myfooballs.com use www.someoneelsesfooballs.com/ as a URL?

At the very least, a warning should be provided on this field, especially who are using legacy SEO settings and may be unaware of this setting.
                            Bruce Golub
                            Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Hey Bruce -

I ran into that same issue as well early on when testing. The issue is that previously the links used the domain name field (under domain settings)to determine the base URL. This was not ideal for a lot of reasons, so in 9.0004 we added a new setting for the URL prefix under URI Management. It needs to be a fully qualified or else the links would not know the domain name.

But to your point you are correct, if you are changing the domain name (or creating a dev store) you will need to update this URL prefix for the links to work correctly.

That change is covered here under URL Prefix:

http://docs.miva.com/v1.0/docs/uri-m...-documentation
                              Last edited by Brennan; 08-24-15, 07:26 AM.
                              Brennan Heyde
                              VP Product
                              Miva, Inc.
                              [email protected]

Comment

ok, i'm curious, why couldn't that value still be the domain level setting? The only reason I can think of would be for mall stores. In which case, you could have this as an OPTIONAL field.

I know its a minor hassle, but its one that seems pretty unnecessary especially when you've got other things to worry about when you transfer a site from Dev to Live.
                                Bruce Golub
                                Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                                phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                                X