Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free shipping by category or other option

My website is www.personalizeddoormats.com

We offer both residential and logo doormats. Logo doormats have always been free shipping, however the only way that that has happened is we have always had a policy of orders over $125 get free shipping (whether residential or logo). Since just about every logo mat is over $125, this has worked. As soon as I can figure out how, we are going to remove the free shipping for residential mats but want to keep the free shipping on all logo mats.

Here is the dilemma, we create logo mats on the fly. Someone requests a proof with their logo, when the proof is completed we generate a product and send the customer a link.

In a perfect world we would just say every product in category x is free shipping, then import all logo mats into that category. Ideally I would like a process that does not involve any more steps. i.e. I want to be able to add the product to the free shipping automatically based on some parameter. Is this possible?
    Last edited by amecca; 07-31-15, 08:25 AM.
    Alan Mecca
    President
    8:30-5:00 M-Th, 8:30-4:30 F
    T: 800-899-0620
    E: [email protected]
    www.personalizeddoormats.com

Re: Free shipping by category or other option

You can control the shipping methods on a product level. At the time of product creation, select that free shipping method as a permitted method. I don't believe it will be possible on a category level, or based on any other parameter without any custom module.
    For the products you already have created, you can use data management for bulk update. Exclude all other products from that shipping method and you'll be good to go.
    P.S. It's not a very good idea to have different shipping methods on product level, as it can create difficult situations when products belonging to different shipping methods get added to cart at the same time, it's likely that none of them show up or all of them show up, both will kill your ultimate goal. You might want to restrict the number of products in cart at a time for that condition.
    Rajnish Sinha
    ---------------------
    https://twitter.com/rajnishsi

Comment

You can also create a Price Group that give free shipping to all products in a specific category.

Go to Marketing, and Create a new price group. For the discount type choose Free Shipping (Specific Products). Then when you go to assign products, Choose advanced, and search for all product in the category you want. Then use Ctrl+a to select all.

This will assign all products in that category to your price group. Keep in mind as you add new products to that category you will also need to add them to this price group.
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
        You can also create a Price Group that give free shipping to all products in a specific category.

Go to Marketing, and Create a new price group. For the discount type choose Free Shipping (Specific Products). Then when you go to assign products, Choose advanced, and search for all product in the category you want. Then use Ctrl+a to select all.

This will assign all products in that category to your price group. Keep in mind as you add new products to that category you will also need to add them to this price group.
        Brennan,

I'm not seeing the "Free Shipping (Specific Products)" option. The only ones I see are "Shipping Discount (Entire Order)" and "Shipping Discount (Discounted Products Only)". Is the specific products option still available?

Also, with this Free Shipping option, will it still offer other methods to the customer (like UPS 2 Day, Next Day, etc) if they would rather have that instead?

Right now we are using the Emporium Plus "Sort Shipping Plus Free Shipping Option" module to offer free shipping on specific products but I'd like to use the built-in features instead if I can.

Thanks,
        Eric

Comment

The issue is that I want to avoid having to go in and add the product to the free shipping price group. That is another step in the process. If you could assign a category to that price group, that would be perfect. Then any time a product is added to the category, it is automatically free shipping, or 10% off or whatever else you wanted to do.

For example you could create a category called "Blue Light Special" and any product moved into that category would automatically get the discount.
          Alan Mecca
          President
          8:30-5:00 M-Th, 8:30-4:30 F
          T: 800-899-0620
          E: [email protected]
          www.personalizeddoormats.com

Comment

Working...
          X