USPS Online Rate Calculation Methods not showing up as expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USPS Online Rate Calculation Methods not showing up as expected

I run a Miva 9 fully updated CSSUI site and am having some trouble getting all my configured USPS methods to show as expected during checkout. This is on a dev store.

I have enabled several USPS Shipping methods: Priority Mail, Flat Rate Small/Medium/Large and Regional Rate Box A/B/C. I believe I have my USPS Web Tools account set up correctly as USPS has confirmed I am on the production server and I see some USPS rates in my miva store.

As an example, when I place an order for 2 items, .5 lbs each, and 2 inch cube dimensions and I attempt to check out I only see "regular" Priority Mail and Regional Rate Box C (rates are correct) as options. Why wouldn't I see all Flat Rate options as well as Regional Rate Box A and B?

Do I need to configure boxes for Flat Rate and Regional Rate? Should I submit a miva ticket?

Additional detail: I am Packing by Weight, Showing USPS Online Rates, and have product dimensions entered and have set up a few misc box sizes that we currently use for UPS (not the same size as USPS Flat Rate boxes, etc).

I've tried: Setting up new very small boxes and adjusting my default "fallback" box size up/down. I've also experimented with different shopping cart contents but I've never seen anything besides "Priority Mail" and "Regional Rate Box C".

Any ideas?

Re: USPS Online Rate Calculation Methods not showing up as expected

We'll want to take a look at your configuration and we may want to enable some logging to capture what USPS is sending back from their server. Can you email [email protected] and include this thread in the message body.
    Jim McCormick
    Miva Merchant Support
    866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

Will do. Thanks Jim!

Comment

For the benefit of anyone else with the same issue as I was experiencing, Jim helped me realize that the reason that my USPS shipping options were limited was because I didn't have any boxes set up that were small enough to qualify for the flat rate or Regional Rate A/B boxes. I had incorrectly assumed that miva would already know those boxes' dimensions since they are "fixed" for those services. I believe I'll need to configure my own Boxes on the Boxes tab which match the USPS Flat Rate / Regional Rate box dimensions.

Happy shipping.

Comment

Working...
        X