Residential checkbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Residential checkbox

I saw a post where Rick (I believe) mentioned they might be adding a residential checkbox to the front end - not sure if that is available and needs to be enabled?

We have a lot of contractors who sometimes ship stuff to their homes, but fill in the company field. I know that the ship/bill address in the admin customer section has a residential checkbox but I am using Sebenza Address Book as most of these guys have several ship to addresses, and there is no residential option in that address book.

Any thoughts?

Re: Residential checkbox

The feature is included in 9.0004 as for enabling it, I'll ask Brennan to chime in.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Re: Residential checkbox

Under Store Settings -> Customer Fields there is a new drop down for Residential Delivery. There are 3 choices:

Automatic: Which determines the ShipResidential automatically. This is based off if the company field is filled in our not.
      Prompt, Default to Residential: Will add Address Residential template code and default to checked
      Prompt, Default to Company: Will add Address Residential template code and default to not checked

Below is the template code that gets added if you choose the last two options:

Code:
      <div class="&mvte:global:ShipResidential_Row;">
      			<label class="italic" for="ShipResidential"></label>
      			<mvt:if expr="g.ShipResidential">
      				<input type="checkbox" name="ShipResidential" id="ShipResidential" value="1" checked />
      			<mvt:else>
      				<input type="checkbox" name="ShipResidential" id="ShipResidential" value="1" />
      			</mvt:if>

<span class="italic">Address is a Residence</span>
      </div>

Keep in mind that updating this setting will overwrite your OCST, ACED, ACAD page templates and revert them to default. You need change the setting to what you want, go to each of the templates and revert it back one, then manually add the code below to where you want it to display.
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
      X