Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: URI Management Tab

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
    thats interesting. They should not be related. What variable are you using for the search form?

&mvt:urls:srch:auto;
    It's the exact code you posted above:

Code:
    <mvt:assign name="l.uri:store_id" value="g.Store:id" />
    <mvt:assign name="l.uri:screen" value="''" />
    <mvt:assign name="l.uri:page_id" value="0" />
    <mvt:assign name="l.uri:product_id" value="0" />

<nav id="js-navigation-bar" class="navigation-bar &mvte:readytheme:code;">
        <div class="row all-hidden medium-all-shown large-all-hidden mobile-navigation-bar">
            <div class="column one-eighth align-left toggle-slide-left"><span data-icon="&#x61;"> Shop</span></div>
            <div id="js-open-global-search--tablet" class="column one-twelfth float-right open-global-search--tablet"><span data-rt-icon="&#x6a;"></span></div>
        </div>
        <ul id="js-navigation-set" class="navigation-set &mvte:readytheme:layout;">
            <mvt:foreach iterator="navigationitem" array="readytheme:navigationitems">

<li class="level-1">

<mvt:do name="l.result" file="g.Module_Library_DB" value="Category_Load_Code( l.settings:navigationitem:link_dest, l.settings:category )" />
                    <mvt:assign name="l.uri:cat_id" value="l.settings:category:id" />
                    <mvt:do file="g.Module_Feature_URI_DB" name="l.have_uri" value="URI_Load_Item_Canonical( l.uri, l.settings:canonical_uri )" />

<span><a href="&mvt:canonical_uri:uri;">&mvt:navigationitem:name;</a></span>
                    <mvt:if expr="NOT ISNULL l.settings:navigationitem:items">
                        <ul>
                            <mvt:foreach iterator="navigationitem_level2" array="navigationitem:items">
                                <li class="level-2">

<mvt:do name="l.result" file="g.Module_Library_DB" value="Category_Load_Code( l.settings:navigationitem_level2:link_dest, l.settings:category )" />
                                    <mvt:do file="g.Module_Feature_URI_DB" name="l.have_uri" value="URI_Load_Item_Canonical( l.uri, l.settings:canonical_uri )" />

<span> <a href="&mvt:canonical_uri:uri;">&mvt:navigationitem_level2:name;</a></span>
                                    <mvt:if expr="NOT ISNULL l.settings:navigationitem_level2:items">
                                        <ul>
                                            <mvt:foreach iterator="navigationitem_level3" array="navigationitem_level2:items">

<mvt:do name="l.result" file="g.Module_Library_DB" value="Category_Load_Code( l.settings:navigationitem_level3:link_dest, l.settings:category )" />

<li class="level-3"><span><a href="&mvt:canonical_uri:uri;">&mvt:navigationitem_level3:name;</a></span></li>
                                            </mvt:foreach>
                                        </ul>
                                    </mvt:if>
                                </li>
                        </ul>
                </li>
            <li id="js-open-global-search" class="level-1 open-global-search"><a href="&mvt:global:sessionurl;Screen=SRCH" data-rt-icon="&#x6a;"></a></li>
        </ul>
        <div class="row wrap">
            <form action="&mvt:global:protocol_relative_url;Screen=SRCH" method="post" id="js-global-search" class="column whole large-half bg-white nrp global-search hide">
                <input type="hidden" name="Store_Code" value="&mvte:store:code;" />
                <input type="search" name="Search" value="" placeholder="Search&hellip;" class="bg-transparent nb input-large-font" />
                <button type="submit" class="button button-square bg-transparent nb np button-large-font" data-rt-icon="&#x64;"></button>
            </form>
        </div>

<mvt:if expr="l.settings:page:code EQ 'ORDL' OR l.settings:page:code EQ 'OCST' OR l.settings:page:code EQ 'OUS1' OR l.settings:page:code EQ 'OUSM' OR l.settings:page:code EQ 'UATM' OR l.settings:page:code EQ 'UATR' OR l.settings:page:code EQ 'OSEL' OR l.settings:page:code EQ 'OPAY' OR l.settings:page:code EQ 'INVC'">
            <div class="row checkout-headers">
                <mvt:if expr="l.settings:page:code EQ 'ORDL' OR l.settings:page:code EQ 'OCST' OR l.settings:page:code EQ 'OUS1' OR l.settings:page:code EQ 'OUSM' OR l.settings:page:code EQ 'UATM' OR l.settings:page:code EQ 'UATR'">
                    <div class="column one-fourth current-step"><span data-icon="&#xe107;"></span><strong class="hide medium-show">CUSTOMER INFORMATION</strong><strong class="medium-hide">STEP 1</strong></div>
                <mvt:else>
                    <div class="column one-fourth"><span data-icon="&#xe107;"></span><strong class="hide medium-show">CUSTOMER INFORMATION</strong><strong class="medium-hide">STEP 1</strong></div>
                <mvt:if expr="l.settings:page:code EQ 'OSEL'">
                    <div class="column one-fourth current-step"><span data-icon="&#xe01f;"></span><strong class="hide medium-show">SHIPPING OPTIONS</strong><strong class="medium-hide">STEP 2</strong></div>
                    <div class="column one-fourth"><span data-icon="&#xe01f;"></span><strong class="hide medium-show">SHIPPING OPTIONS</strong><strong class="medium-hide">STEP 2</strong></div>
                <mvt:if expr="l.settings:page:code EQ 'OPAY'">
                    <div class="column one-fourth current-step"><span data-icon="&#xe014;"></span><strong class="hide medium-show">PAYMENT INFORMATION</strong><strong class="medium-hide">STEP 3</strong></div>
                    <div class="column one-fourth"><span data-icon="&#xe014;"></span><strong class="hide medium-show">PAYMENT INFORMATION</strong><strong class="medium-hide">STEP 3</strong></div>
                <mvt:if expr="l.settings:page:code EQ 'INVC'">
                    <div class="column one-fourth current-step"><span data-icon="&#xe0e6;"></span><strong class="hide medium-show">ORDER CONFIRMATION</strong><strong class="medium-hide">STEP 4</strong></div>
                    <div class="column one-fourth"><span data-icon="&#xe0e6;"></span><strong class="hide medium-show">ORDER CONFIRMATION</strong><strong class="medium-hide">STEP 4</strong></div>

</div>
    </nav>
    Jon

Viscott Limited
    www.viscott.com

Comment

If you revert the code back does the search start outputting the correct URL again?
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
        If you revert the code back does the search start outputting the correct URL again?
        Yes.
        Jon

Viscott Limited
        www.viscott.com

Comment

I think the new URI management feature is amazing and can't wait to use all of it. I can only imagine how much server processing this will save.

I ran across a CDN issue with the new checkout URLS. I don't cache checkout pages. So just a caveat that if you are using a CDN you may need to change some of the CDN caching rules.

Also, if you have a checkout funnel goal, check your analytics to see how you are capturing traffic on the OINF/OCST virtual page.
          http://www.alphabetsigns.com/

Comment

I would like to move from SEO Friendly links to slugified links.

Do I first generate the Legacy SEO links, then change the link source settings to URI management and regenerate with a 301 redirect old canonical?

Comment

I ran the generate URI tool and got unexpected results. The wizard generates URI's based on the template in the settings tab although the Link Source was set to Legacy SEO Settings. It also generated URI links for all the product variants even though the variants are inactive. Is that the intended behavior.

How do I generate a list of deprecated links for 301 redirects?

Comment

I'm stuck. I'm following the docs:

http://docs.miva.com/docs/how-to-mig...ement-features

No matter how I change the Link Source and templates the URI generates its default links.

So I checked the URISettings table and it does not update.

When I click away from the URI Management tab and return, the settings are back to their default.

I'm hoping its just me, has anyone successfully migrated their URI's with the management tool?

Comment

I am also trying to use the URI Management tool but keep my existing URL structure. My template for product pages looks like this /&mvt:product:code.html but the generated URIs don't reflect my template (they look like -8405 or -3492, etc.). Any ideas why?

Comment

That's strange.

Is it your product code, name, or title tag?

Comment

alphabet, You mean what Miva is generating in my URIs? I have no idea where these numbers are coming from. All of my category pages and all of my product pages have been generated a number.

Comment

I submitted a support ticket, (JSL-125-35390), you should do the same.

Maybe someone at Miva can tell us if this is intended behavior or a user issue.

Comment

The new URI Management always uses the category/product/page Template when generating URIs. This system is completely seperate than the "Legacy SEO Settings" and does not use you existing URL structure if you have it the link source set to "Legacy SEO Settings" when generating URIs.

Right now when you generate URIs for products, it also does non-active products. We have a bug on this to add a check-box so you can choose to exclude non active products from having URIs created. This should make it into 9.0005.

To answer you question on how to get Miva to create URIs to match your existing URL structure, you need to modify the templates to reflect your existing structure.

Example:

You product page URL looks like this:

https://www.alphabetsigns.com/signs/p/CPL-3M.html

This means you will need to change the product URI template to be:

/signs/p/&mvte:product:code;.html

Same concept goes for pages and categories.

If you are planning on changing your URI structure to something else, you can first generate all your URIs with your existing structure, then modify your templates to the new structure you want and when you generate the URIs there is a setting to:

Replace Existing Canonical URI:

You will want this selected and set to: 301 Redirect Old Canonical.

Miva will then create your new URIs as the canonical URI and have the old URI 301 redirect to your new one.
                          Last edited by Brennan; 09-02-15, 01:59 PM.
                          Brennan Heyde
                          VP Product
                          Miva, Inc.
                          [email protected]
                          https://www.miva.com

Comment

First, thanks to Brennan to offering to assist on my issue.

My problem was due to a browser issue. When I tested in IE 11.0.22 it worked but on Chrome 44.0.20x it did not. IE gave a pop-up notice saying the base href on non-secure settings have to start with http: I made the change and was able to generate the URI's as templated. It's most likely a setting on my browser.

@katyahirsch

After generating the URI's I noticed the unusual numbers in the page:code as well. The template /prefix/&mvte:page:code.html generates a -number not a page:code. I looked around the DB to see if it was a managed_template id but could not find it.

Comment

The numbers outputted from page:code seem to be from Screens not Pages.

Comment

I'm having a problem getting the uri import to update. I get an error saying the uri is already in use.

How do you update a normal uri to a 301 redirect by an import file?

I exported product uri to a csv file and changed the code from 200 to 301 then tried to reimport. It failed.

I have a product normal uri and its canonical uri.

Is there a way to change through the uri settings tab, the normal links to 301 Redirect to Canonical links?

Comment

Working...
                                X