Price Groups Marketing - Set a Specific Markup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price Groups Marketing - Set a Specific Markup

I need a price group type much like Specific Sale Price except I want to set a specific markup for each individual product.

Setting a specific sale price just won't work with thousands of products and the automatic cost/price updates we run. We could end up selling at a loss that way.

Re: Price Groups Marketing - Set a Specific Markup

What is doing your automatic price updates? Could you also have this import/tool also calculate the price for the specific sale price based on an individual markup for each product?
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

We upload an inventory count and cost file every night and run a script with a cron job. The script then updates costs and sale prices as needed. I suppose I could add that functionality to the script with a custom field that holds the markup and then calculate the specific price. Having it built into the system would be better though. To be honest, I'm surprised no one else has requested this.

Comment

Do all your products really have their own markup %? This can easily be done if your products share a global markup %. How many different markup groups would you have across all your products?
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

Yes. Most of the products will even have different markups within the same category, so there is no way to key off of that.

To add to the problem, the cost I have in Merchant many times is not my real cost. It's the cost that the purchasing manager wants us to use. I know my real cost, and frequently have to set my sale price based on that to be competitive online. At that point, my markups are all over the board.

I want to create one or two levels of resale pricing, and the only way I see to do it is specify the markup at the product level.

Comment

Got it. Until we build something like this in, your best option is going to leverage Specific Sale Pricing.

You could store the true cost as well as the % markup in individual custom product fields, and then build a page template that loops though all products and outputs the correct XML (or CSV) to update the specific sale price. Anytime pricing changes you can run the page to generate a import file to update the pricing for you.
            Brennan Heyde
            VP Product
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by TFo View Post
              I need a price group type much like Specific Sale Price except I want to set a specific markup for each individual product.

Setting a specific sale price just won't work with thousands of products and the automatic cost/price updates we run. We could end up selling at a loss that way.
              This is something like the Wholesale Pricing module, where you can set a specific price for every product. The caveat is that in WP, it's per account and that accounts pricelist you've assigned to them.

If you're interested in a customization of this, contact me directly. The current WP offering is below in the signature.

Scott
              Last edited by ids; 08-18-15, 07:48 AM.
              Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
              Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
              MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
              Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
              AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
              My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

Comment

Working...
              X