Price group using volume quantity and fixed price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price group using volume quantity and fixed price

I have an unusual situation and I can't trace the error. I have a problem when I enter a fixed price on several products and have a minimum quantity required. Combined products ok. The price does wait until I reach the quantity required but the calculation is not correct. It is off by the same amount whether I use 5 products to reach the require quantity or 1 product.

When I switch to a percentage discount everything calculates correctly.

Is anyone trying this with a fixed price and quantity and getting the correct calculation?
    Thanks,
    Chet Vincentz
    [email protected]

www.electrodyne.cc Quality Motoring Accessories
    www.racdyn-usa.com BMW, MINI & Porsche performance
    www.artisticartifacts.com Creative art materials

Re: Price group using volume quantity and fixed price

Chet,

Open a ticket with support and we can look at how you have everything configured. When opening a ticket with support, please also include a link to this forum post.

Thank you,

Wayne
    Wayne Smith

Comment

Hi Chet,

That Option “Fixed” sets a fixed discount not a fixed price. To get the functionality you are looking for you will need to select the absolute option in the volume pricing table which is available when setting up the pricing table at the product level.

Hope this helps

-Eric
      Eric Foresman
      Software Tester
      Miva Merchant
      http://www.mivamerchant.com/
      [email protected]

Comment

Eric, thanks for the comments. Can you point me to some documentation that explains what you mean by doing a price group at the product level. I looked through documentation and can't find any reference to what you are talking about.

As an aside - working with price groups where you select a large quantity of items with the search function it is very laborious to have to click each item to active it instead of being able to click one place and select the entire list. 200 assigns is a pain.
        Thanks,
        Chet Vincentz
        [email protected]

Comment

Hi Chet, not price groups, the volume pricing table. Once a product is assigned to the volume pricing price group, an inline tab for that price group is added to the edit product page. Just edit the product and scroll down till you see the volume pricing table.

When assigning products to a price group you can multi select all viewable products by using the (ctrl + a) hot key. Or you can select the top record and use (shift + click) on the bottom record to select all products. Once all desired products are selected you can use the [+] button at the top of the batchlist to assign them all at the same time.

Hope this helps
          -Eric
          Eric Foresman
          Software Tester
          Miva Merchant
          [email protected]

Comment

Hi Eric,
            I am getting closer with your guidance. Here is my latest attempt.
            I want normal customers who buy 28 items to get a 50% discount off $6 = $3; 1st price group does this OK
            If customer continues to add products from the same group of 50 different part numbers and arrive 100 piece they are to get the entire order at 100 X $2.75. I have set the priority so 1st price group acts 1st and 2nd price group next.

The items that takes for order over 100 items gets the proper price of $2.75 but all the previous items are still at their original entry price $3.

How do I get all the items to reprice once the last quantity is reached?

I did try
            Thanks,
            Chet Vincentz
            [email protected]

Comment

Eric,
              I reread my previous post and forgot to state that only customers that were specified in the price groups would qualify for the discounts.

Please let me know what you found.
              Thanks,
              Chet Vincentz
              [email protected]

Comment

Eric,
                I can't get this 2 tier pricing structure to work on multiple items that are all in both price groups and I selected all eligible products.

1st price group gives 50% on quantities over 28
                2nd price group gives fixed price of $2.75 on mixed quantities eligible products over 100

I can get the 50% discount on single items with quantities over 28
                I can get the fixed price on single items with quantities over 100

I can't get the fixed price on all items when the total of mixed quantities of eligible products on the order goes over 100.

Price group 1 has a higher priority than price group 2

I need to see you make this work because I have spent a lot of hours on this and either Miva can't do this or show me!
                Thanks,
                Chet Vincentz
                [email protected]

Comment

Hi Chet

I’m terribly sorry for the long delay in replying to you, for some reason I didn’t get any of the notification emails that I should have when you replied to this thread.

Ok, so I have looked at what you are trying to setup and I think we can get there, try setting it up like this.

1st price group (volume pricing) gives 50% on quantities over 28, with all desired products selected in the discounted products tab, priority set to 1.

2nd price group gives fixed price of $2.75 on mixed quantities eligible products over 100
                  Set the Type: = “Specific Sale Price”
                  Set Restrict to qualifying Quantity = “100” – “0”
                  Priority = “2”
                  Exclusions: = “Exclude for same item” 1st price group

Add all desired to both the Qualifying products and Discounted products tab. Then go to each of the desired products and set the specific sale price for those items to $2.75

Set up this way what you should get is the volume pricing (50%) for all discounted products when the total number of those products in the basket is 28 or over.

The moment the basket total of those products hits 100 (using any mix of the qualifying product) it will switch to the second price group (specific sale price/ fixed price).

Let me know if that works for you.

-Eric
                  Eric Foresman
                  Software Tester
                  Miva Merchant
                  [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                  X