BASK Calculate Shipping - Select Country Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BASK Calculate Shipping - Select Country Issue

My cart shipping calculator has the complete list of countries to choose from rather than being limited to countries to which we ship. Is this normal? Any advice on how to fix it to only list countries to which we ship?
    Thank you,
    John

Re: BASK Calculate Shipping - Select Country Issue

On the BASK page there should be a tab for Shipping Estimate. If you go to point and click mode there is a select box to choose which countries get displayed. However keep in mind updating from point and click mode will overwrite your page template back to default.

You may want make the setting change, the copy the resulting country code and paste it back in your customized template
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
      On the BASK page there should be a tab for Shipping Estimate. If you go to point and click mode there is a select box to choose which countries get displayed. However keep in mind updating from point and click mode will overwrite your page template back to default.

You may want make the setting change, the copy the resulting country code and paste it back in your customized template
      The select box on the Shipping Estimate correctly displays the countries to which we ship. The ones we do not ship to are not displayed.

Do I have to select all of these an then do the changes? I don't understand why if this list is correct, why the one on Estimate shipping is incorrect. Logically, I should be able to change something on the calculate shipping code to display just this list rather than the complete list of available countries. It seems really backward to have to hard code in shipping destinations.
      Thank you,
      John

Comment

Is there any reason you can't use the mvt:item that is used on the OSEL page? (never tried it)
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
          Is there any reason you can't use the mvt:item that is used on the OSEL page? (never tried it)
          In Suivant, all of the countries are listed out in the shipping calculator which is pretty weird. I'm wondering if a code change was missed.
          Thank you,
          John

Comment

Well, they are using a different field name for this so reusing the Select List from OCST isn't going to work.

More likely it was just faster to code in manually like they did instead of creating a "new" item that went against the main country table. I bet if we ask nicely they'll fix that in a coming release.
            Bruce Golub
            Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
              Well, they are using a different field name for this so reusing the Select List from OCST isn't going to work.

More likely it was just faster to code in manually like they did instead of creating a "new" item that went against the main country table. I bet if we ask nicely they'll fix that in a coming release.

That would be very nice.
              Thank you,
              John

Comment

Working...
              X