Show product database id

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show product database id

One of the things that comes up when working with the Advanced Shipping Manager by KingWebMaster is that they refer to the products by the database id but in the admin we see product code. Anytime we have to resolve anything we have to search the database to match up the id with the Miva product code. It isn't the end of the world but it is an annoyance. I'm not sure if the database product id's are useful to anyone else or this is an edge case, or how difficult it is to implement, but if it isn't hard -and is useful to others- then maybe having a non-editable/read only field with the database id on the catalog/products page would be useful.
    Last edited by habreu; 08-24-15, 12:36 PM.

Re: Show product database id

I can talk with our development team and see if this is something we want to do.

As a work around, you could create a simple page that loops though products and inserts the product id into a custom field. This way you can display the custom field on the batch lists and give you the functionality you need right now.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
      I can talk with our development team and see if this is something we want to do.

As a work around, you could create a simple page that loops though products and inserts the product id into a custom field. This way you can display the custom field on the batch lists and give you the functionality you need right now.
      I'll look into that - thanks.

Comment

or get KingWebMaster to us product codes. Going off Product IDs, which are internal volatile references is asking for trouble. For example if you accidentally delete a product called MyWidget as its product code, who's id WAS 123, you cannot re-enter it with that ID causing you to go back to the other application and change it there.

It (in my opinion) just really bad data schema.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
        X