Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URI MGMT Tab-Random Issues

Hi All,

So I updated Miva Merchant this morning and fired up the URI MGMT function, but I'm having a few random issues. I followed the Miva Doc "How to Migrate Existing Store to New URI":
    1. Quick view is not working, the window just shows the homepage. (see attached).
    2. I have a few custom 301 redirects to some landing pages hosted on our server that no longer work. They worked on the previous .htaccess file but I had to tweak the configuration. Not sure if I have to do the same here.
    3. All the links seem to work OK, but some random things are happening. First off I wanted the product canonical urls to be domain/product-name.html (I was using the short links which were domain/page/product/product-code). But after updating, they're displaying as domain/product/product-code.html. Yet some categories randomly display as I want. I'm wondering if I misunderstood the instructions and when I generated the last batch of URIs after changing to URI Mgmt I ended up 301 redirecting away from the domain/product-name.html uri instead of using it.
    4. Also I have some internal links from the product page and homepage, which no long work since they are the "short links" version. I was told these links would still work. For example page/product/product-code doesn't link properly.
    Attached Files

Re: URI MGMT Tab-Random Issues

For your quick view link, try replacing the if/else statement that is currently on the page for quick view with this:

<span class="button button-square bg-yellow white uppercase quick-view" data-product-link="&mvte:urls:PROD:auto_sep;product_code=&mvte: product:code;&amp;show=quickview">Quick View</span>

#2. Its hard to say without looking at them. Miva's URL management should not break any existing rules you have setup

#3 Seems like something is not setup correctly. For one that is not working, check the URI tab and see that is set for the canonical URI. If it is correct, then check the template code to make sure it is not hard coded to the old version of your link.

#4 You don't want to try and use both link systems. If you are using URI management then you should remove the old code from the .htaccess file controling your old style links and update everything to use your new link structure.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Hi Brennan,

A couple of follow up questions and comments:

For your quick view link, try replacing the if/else statement that is currently on the page for quick view with this:
      <span class="button button-square bg-yellow white uppercase quick-view" data-product-link="&mvte:urls:PROD:auto_sep;product_code=&mvte: product:code;&amp;show=quickview">Quick View</span>

1. Quick view now works, thanks for the code snippet!

#2. Its hard to say without looking at them. Miva's URL management should not break any existing rules you have setup

2. In order to make the 301 redirects work before I needed to change the DirectoryIndex /mm5/merchant.mvc to DirectoryIndex index.html /mm5/merchant.mvc on the .htaccess file. Is there something similar I need to do with the new URI management rules.

#3 Seems like something is not setup correctly. For one that is not working, check the URI tab and see that is set for the canonical URI. If it is correct, then check the template code to make sure it is not hard coded to the old version of your link.

3. Is there a way for me to start over and set up the canonical urls to domain/product-name.html instead of domain/product/product-code.html? I think when I did the last step in the Miva doc (How to migrate from Legacy SEO..) I accidentally redirected from the domain/product-name.html to the domain/product/product-code.html. As far as I know there wouldn’t be a reason to even have all of these 301 redirects because I thought I was redirecting from the short links to the new structure when I did this.

#4 You don't want to try and use both link systems. If you are using URI management then you should remove the old code from the .htaccess file controling your old style links and update everything to use your new link structure.

4. I was told by Miva support that these links would still work. I will just go in and change the short links version to the new structure within the site.

Comment

2. Is your SFNT page your homepage (index) ? If so did you modify the SFNT page in the URI management to "/" (no quotes) ?

4. Does your URI .htaccess tab tell you that you have htaccess updates to run?
        http://www.alphabetsigns.com/

Comment

Hi Alphabet,

2. Yes the SFNT is set to "/"

4. Also yes, I updated the .htaccess code via the admin when I updated to URI Mgmt.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X