Export Ultimate Product Reviews and Ratings to a different review module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Export Ultimate Product Reviews and Ratings to a different review module

Does any one know of any possible way to export the existing reviews to a flat file, or any other format?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Calvin Nelson
    Director of Web Development
    2C Development Group

Re: Export Ultimate Product Reviews and Ratings to a different review module

Calvin,

Glendale Designs has the following article that might help you out.

http://glendaledesigns.com/knowledge...views-ratings/
    Wayne Smith

Comment

Our Easy Review module has a "built in" export/import feature. We could 'loan' you a copy if you want. You'd then just let Easy Review do its auto import feature and export as a flat file from there. (Easy Review also has a build in import/export feature for its own data.)

http://www.phosphormedia.com/product...sy_review.html
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Hey Wayne, I just checked the phpMy Admin for the table that is referenced in the Glendale post, and it is not there. I don't see any table that is related to the sebenza module at all. could it be hidden?
        Calvin Nelson
        2C Development Group

Comment

Hey Bruce, thank you very much! I think at this point that would be really helpful! The client wants to use the Glendale's reviews module. Do you know which fields are exported? If I could use your module to do the export, then use that data to import into Glendale's module that would be very helpful!

Thanks!
          Calvin Nelson
          2C Development Group

Comment

TITLE|REVIEW|PRODCODE|DATE|AUTHOR|COMPANY|URL|EMAI L|CUST_ID|CONFIRMED|APPROVED|PURCHASED|RATING

Name and/or location of reviewers from Sebenza can be transferred to Company or URL fields (which, if you previously had location, you can usually use URL cause that's more for B2B applications

Of course, without the rest of Easy Review, the client won't get review voting, built in review commenting and a smaller integration bill :)
            Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Calvin:

If you're going to use Glendale's Rating and Reviews, it has import capabilities. Better to use one piece of software than two.
              Gordon Currie

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
              phosphormedia.com

Comment

It does Gordon? Great! I will install it and see if it transfers over properly! Didn't see anything in the module description about it, so i didn't realize that was a possibility.
                Calvin Nelson
                2C Development Group

Comment

AFAIK, it has IMPORT abilities, not export. Just to be clear, that's what gordon was saying.
                  Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Well Glendale isn't able to transfer the reviews from the Sebenza's module and then export them. I need the ability to export the reviews because I am developing on a dev store and I need to transfer the reviews from the live store to the dev store.
                    Calvin Nelson
                    2C Development Group

Comment

Bruce, I think your original idea was the best. What do you need from me to get that loaner module?

And I realize what he was saying now. I would go with your module but the client is sold on the other already.

I really appreciate the help with this tricky issue.
                      Calvin Nelson
                      2C Development Group

Comment

I'll send you a message off-forum.
                        Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Hey Calvin,

Well Glendale isn't able to transfer the reviews from the Sebenza's module and then export them. I need the ability to export the reviews because I am developing on a dev store and I need to transfer the reviews from the live store to the dev store.
                          It sounds like you might be looking at the dev store database, not the live store which contains the Sebenza reviews. I think we just fielded a ticket with you and stated that we can take a look if we can get access. Feel free to PM me if you would like us to followup.

Of course, without the rest of Easy Review, the client won't get review voting, built in review commenting and a smaller integration bill :)
                          Don't let him fool you, without followup review requests, your client won't have any reviews for shoppers to vote/comment on in the first place ...and our module is still $60 cheaper with integration :)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Glendale Designs View Post
                            Don't let him fool you, without followup review requests, your client won't have any reviews for shoppers to vote/comment on in the first place ...and our module is still $60 cheaper with integration :)

Living in a cave there Dan ;) , Easy Reviews has had follow up emails for some time now...as for being cheaper...well, value is subjective :)
                            Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Living in a cave there Dan ;)

Looks like the cave drawings were just recently updated. (except on Apps.Miva)

Easy Reviews has had follow up emails for some time now...as for being cheaper...well, value is subjective :)

No comment.

Comment

Working...
                              X