URI System & Toolkit Subcats & Other Crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URI System & Toolkit Subcats & Other Crap

So I've plugged the new URI's in to this site, but I am using Tool Kit to show the sub-cats on the page because I like to. Problem now is I can't get the proper URL to show. What do I draw into the anchor to get the proper link to show? I tried the URI documentation but none of that worked. I know because I'm using the toolkit subcat stuff that I'll have to change some things around, but couldn't figure out what.

So this is what "used to be used". What would I change that to in order to draw the new URI links in that use the slugified name?

HTML Code:
    <a href="../&mvt:sub_category:code;.html">
    I figure rather than show you all of the things I tried that didn't work, I'd just show, "what I have" so someone smart can tell me "what it should be" :)
    Ted Hust
    AarcMediaGroup.com

Celebrating 13 Years of Outstanding Service & Support
    Miva Merchant Design

Re: URI System &amp; Toolkit Subcats &amp; Other Crap

I'm not familiar with the toolkit function and it may not be available through the module but I would try:

Code:
    <a href="&mvte:sub_category:link;">
    If not, you may be able to construct it with the urls item assigned and try

Code:
    <a href="mvte:urls:CTGY:auto_sep;&mvte:sub_category:code;">
    Last edited by alphabet; 10-01-15, 04:12 AM. Reason: typo
    http://www.alphabetsigns.com/

Comment

Its doubtful that toolkit would have the new URI resources to pull on. You could try using the built in method, but even then I wouldn't bet a lot of money on being able to access the URI management style links.

I'd think just mirroring them with manual coding would be the most fruitful provided the client didn't do anything too foolish with the URI manager.

Code:
      <mvt:do name="l.result" file="g.Module_Library_DB" value="Category_Load_Code( g.Category_Code, l.settings:current_category )" />
      <mvt:do name="l.result" file="g.Module_Library_DB" value="CategoryList_Load_Parent( l.settings:current_category:id, l.settings:sub_categories )" /> 

<mvt:foreach iterator="subcat" array="sub_categories">
       	&mvt:subcat:active;
       	&mvt:subcat:agrpcount;
       	&mvt:subcat:code;
       	&mvt:subcat:disp_order;
       	&mvt:subcat:id;
       	&mvt:subcat:name;
       	&mvt:subcat:parent_id;
       </mvt:foreach>
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Yeah, I might just scrap it. The tool kit is the only place I'm having the issue. I'm just using the slugified name, so I wonder if the toolkit's html strip would work. I don't think it would make the letters all lowercase though. I'll keep playing and will post back here if I figure it out. It's driving me nuts.
        Ted Hust
        AarcMediaGroup.com

Celebrating 13 Years of Outstanding Service & Support
        Miva Merchant Design

Comment

This is the same issue that I'm having, what did you do to solve this???
          Suzanne

__________________________________________________ _______

aGenius Marketing
          800-768-2693
          Web Design & e-Commerce
          __________________________________________________ _______

Comment

Working...
          X