Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing Orders - switching from dev to live

Hello

We have a nearly finished test site on Miva 9, our current production site is Miva 5.5

Since orders keep coming in - is products are all the same -

Is there a way to import orders from lets say the last day before the switch so that there is no gap?

We can upgrade the 5.5 site to Miva 9 and have short down time while we copy tables

Thanks
    Sam

Re: Importing Orders - switching from dev to live

When we upgraded we were not able to keep our order history because of the cost to hire someone do it for us (a couple years ago and I knew it was very involved for my skill level). We use another CMS system as well so we had copies of all orders and customer notes and just had to bare with starting new. The one thing you can do is ask for your order numbers to start at a certain number (wherever your live store left off) and before you make the switch, make sure to download orders, delete baskets, set store to maintenance mode, and then do the update to 9 as quickly as possible. Please know I am no expert but have been managing our site in Miva since version 2.

Things may have changed since we made the upgrade to 9 so hopefully someone from Miva or a developer will answer too. Good luck to you.
    Kristin Park

Comment

Any more ideas? Anyone?
      Sam

Comment

Here is a link to a old miva post on how to do MMUI to CSSUI. Will give you some insight to how complex adding old orders to new site is. It involves more than just the orders themselves. Skip down to conversion process. If you still want to try can check with miva to see if following those instructions will work for 5.5 - Miva 9 too.
        Last edited by entrepre7; 10-01-15, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Is your current production site MMUI or CSSUI? If it is MMUI, you can use the new MMUI to CSSUI converson tool and import your new framework and such. This way you can get your production store to Miva 9 without losing orders, customers, etc. We did this successfully on 4 stores and it went surprisingly well.

EDIT: Forgot to include links:

http://www.miva.com/videos/web_devel...on-tool-module
          Video on the process. Includes a link to the conversion module (FREE).
          Last edited by eldon99; 10-05-15, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Thanks all.

I am trying something that I think will work.

I save a framework on new Miva 9 store
            Upgrade a dev copy of old store to Miva 9
            Applied framework
            Structurally everything worked
            Look and feel and images on non product pages - some work was necessary

But all this can be done with minimal down time I think.

I am cataloging stuff I needed to change, keeping those elements aside.

When I do on the real production store I hope to have everything handy and zoom through with an hour or two down time

Sam

Comment

Working...
            X