X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Pricing

Jbart,

There is, we're looking at all outliers one by one, please email me off forum.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

I assume that only stores hosting directly with Miva received this notice? We host elsewhere and did not receive any letter about the price increase. Can anyone shed light on third party hosts and perhaps post a copy the letter here for others to see?

Comment

I host with Miva and did not get a letter as far as I know. Only saw it through the forum.

Comment

We host two stores through Miva and received separate emails for each.

One of the messages came through last night and the other just after lunch this afternoon.

They apparently segmented the email into smaller groups.
          www.kicks-ind.com
          www.comp-n-choke.com

Comment

Here's what we received yesterday.
            Dear Keith Oratz,

One year ago, we launched our multi-seat pricing model to charge our larger customers a more proportionate price for their usage of our platform.

During the first year, we’ve learned that even our smallest customers would prefer to have at least two Admin seats, our billing processes are overly complex and need to be simplified, and we’ve gotten a much clearer picture of how our clients at all ends of the spectrum are using Miva Merchant.

Additionally, we’ve always let our customers choose whatever plan they wanted to use for their business, regardless of the size of their business. This has led to some unintended consequences, as people generally choose the lowest cost plan and only move up when things go wrong or we mandate it due to overusing system resources.

The outcome of this legacy policy has been that, in some cases, very large stores attempt to “squeeze” into hosting accounts designed for stores a fraction of their size, which can cause other issues, such as unexpected downtime, which doesn’t just impact them but everyone else on our network.

Taking all of this into account, beginning on November 1st, 2015, we’re making the following changes to our plans, with a specific focus on simplifying your bill, reducing the need to buy add-ons or additional seats, while ensuring our customers are on the right plan for their business:
            Beginning on November 1, 2015, your store preparesmart.com will be on the Business Plan and your new monthly bill will be $249.95 a month, including 3 Admin Seats, 5 GB of Disk Space and 100 GB of Bandwidth (this is more than double the resource allocation of our legacy Warehouse plan).

If your current resource usage exceeds these plan limits, we’ll also configure the appropriate add-ons for your store.

To learn more about why Miva is still the best value in the industry, go to our comparison page.

If you have any questions regarding your bill or these pricing changes, don’t hesitate to contact us at (800) 608-MIVA or [email protected].

Please take a moment to review our updated Terms of Service.

We look forward to continuing to serve and grow your business,
            Russ Carroll
            Chairman & CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            Keith Oratz
            PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
            www.preparesmart.com

Comment

Correct on the letter being sent in segments; we anticipated calls and tickets would be heavy as a result so we are trying to keep our support folks able to still work regular calls. The letters are site specific, so customers with more than one site may have not received it for each site yet.
              David Hubbard
              CIO
              Miva
              [email protected]
              http://www.miva.com

Comment

I assume that only stores hosting directly with Miva received this notice? We host elsewhere and did not receive any letter about the price increase. Can anyone shed light on third party hosts and perhaps post a copy the letter here for others to see?
                The letters to third party hosts went out yesterday, it's impossible for us to tell you what a third party host will ultimately charge you, so it's up to them.

The pricing will be similar conceptually though.
                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                CEO
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]

Comment

I have a client who uses Miva for basically a "Quote Request" form. These are Quotes and requests for more information. Quotes are in the tens of thousands of dollars sometimes, shipments are by the truckload. He's looking at an increase from $90/month to $1500/month based on "Gross merchant sales processed using Miva Merchant software". Only a percentage of these quotes turn into actual Sales. This price structure isn't going to work in this case. This could put him out of business.
                  Ron Frigon
                  Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Ron,

This type of example fits squarely in the outlier category I've been discussing, hit me up off Forum.
                    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                    CEO
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]

Comment

Thak you for your time Rick. I'll email you shortly.
                      Ron Frigon
                      Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                        Yes it's for real, 30 days notice is standard and per our TOS.

If you read the literature you'll find that our pricing is now equivalent (and still often less) than our competitors, and this pricing also applies to third party hosting, so moving to another host but using Miva is not a plausible way to avoid this change.
                        Could someone please post the link to the latest TOS as I cannot for the life of me find it.

We have been on Miva since the day we launched in 1999 and have had our ups and downs in revenues like most. What I can say as that like many small one person shops we are still digging out after a very rough few years and were barely able to hang on. Seeing a small jump this year we reinvested in a new implementation on a ready theme which we are very pleased with and then yesterday received 'the email'. Maybe Miva wants to eliminate the smaller clients. I can respect that Miva has invested a lot of money but as a software exec myself for over 25 years I can say that I have never seen a vendor implement such a large change in pricing with 30 days notice. Most TOS agreements cap price increases which is why I want to review. My mistake of course for not catching that as I am assuming there is not one and bravo on that to Miva legal.

Honestly such a drastic change should have been pause to maybe say starting January 1, 2016 your fees will be.... and give your customers time to plan what do do. 30 days notice is not enough time for anyone to jump off and move on and now we are going to be penalized each month until we can either move off, shut down or suck it up. Honestly I have been a fan and customer for many years but this change and the way it was done unfortunately leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. Hopefully there will be enough legitimate concern raised here to possibly give pause to delay this for a short period of time.

Comment

I see that the Enterprise pricing "starts at $1495 per month". Does that mean that a surcharge will be applied to sales above 1 million?
                          Last edited by wajake41; 10-02-15, 02:43 PM.
                          Larry
                          Luce Kanun Web Design
                          www.facebook.com/wajake41
                          www.plus.google.com/116415026668025242914/posts?hl=en

Comment

I canceled my service. Lucky I was just starting to set up the new web site and was not completely configured. I was held up by a bug in the ready themes that would not show attribute option prices on some of the checkout screens. Support told me "it just works that away", I emailed Rick and they showed me where I can fix there bug in the web site.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by jetbuff View Post
                              Could someone please post the link to the latest TOS as I cannot for the life of me find it.
                              http://www.miva.com/pdf/SaaS_TOS.pdf
                              Bronson Design Studio, LLC
                              Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                                I encourage you to read this and the comparison pages: http://www.miva.com/miva-competitive-market-analysis
                                Rick, please do a comparison to 3dcart, I'd like to see that one.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X