Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muliproduct add and category pages - cascading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muliproduct add and category pages - cascading?

All,

Thanks for your attention.

This is my old sets problem.

If I have MANY sets (like a table can chairs is dining set 1, another table and chairs is dining set 2)

Inventory Kits and Inventory Variants do notwork for me - see further below.

If I put all the components into a category
    Can I have a SUPER Category that is called SETS - that can show thumbnails of the sub catgeories (which are actually what we call set products)?
    In the sub catgeory (which is the set product) - can I limit or control the quantities? For eg. How do I buy two dining sets? If I buy two tables, can I force the change in the number of chairs?
    if the SET is on sale - say 10% off - what do I do? Push a coupon through that is special to that category?
    If people buy SET1 and SET2 and they have different coupons - can the two coupons be activated at the same time?

All this because Inventory Variants and Inventory Kits just remain in Miva and its very hard to get the orders out in a component form through Synchro or Atandra or anything else that I know of. There are some ideas being worked on, but I was wondering is the Multi Product Add feature could be twisted, tortured and deformed to accommodate the requirement.

Thanks
    Sam

Re: Muliproduct add and category pages - cascading?

By default, you can't force certain quantities unless you hardcode them into the template itself. Anything else would require custom development.
    Best,
    Pamela

Consultant / Developer / Trainer
    Contributing Editor to Practical Ecommerce
    Author of the Official Guides for Miva Merchant
    pamelahazelton.com

Comment

Working...
    X