Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Update on Pricing from Miva, Inc.

Eldon99,

Yes we've already added multi-channel (eBay and Amazon) and eBay Motors and Amazon UK as well as the other 2 Amazon Regions, ETSY and a Mobile POS are all on deck.

We have been releasing more and more new features on an accelerated pace and our plan is to continue that.

We also have our Enterprise tools that automate ERP, CRM, POS and 3PL connections as well.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

That doesn't make it ok. Accessing private companies sales data when you won't share your own is
      not only a double standard but improper. Miva isn't just using data in aggregate to report trends here
      but using individual private company data to set its fees. Who knows if they are selling this or sharing
      with competitors to generate more revenue.

Originally posted by Pamela Hazelton View Post
      Just want to point out that every SaaS out there, along with the majority of standalone programs that sync to the web, track sales data. That's how Shopify, for example, is able to produce all those reports and infographics - the data comes from their customer base. Any service you use - for pretty much any purposes - is utilizing data to report trends and for understanding their existing user base.

Comment

Our privacy policy (amongst other things) keeps us from even sharing your name with others, let alone any private data.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

Rick.

I read this with interest "...or you're one of the 200 or so special cases we're holding back on." I guess I'm one of those since I sent you an email on the 2nd as you requested. The longer you "hold" these in place the shorter time some store owners will have to plan and make a switch with a result of likely having the new pricing imposed on them. I would suggest that since you've put this group of store owners in stasis that the 30 day clock doesn't start for them until you make a decision and notify them. Some may be researching other options but I think few would be going into full transfer mode if there is a chance that they'll be staying with Miva. I would really prefer to stay but while $600 >> $960 is acceptable going to $3000 annually is too much for my <$100,000 revenue store.

Keith Oratz
          PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
          www.preparesmart.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
            Eldon99,

Yes we've already added multi-channel (eBay and Amazon) and eBay Motors and Amazon UK as well as the other 2 Amazon Regions, ETSY and a Mobile POS are all on deck.
            Rick,

Sorry, I meant where a customer can shop using multiple devices (e.g. start shopping on mobile, but complete purchase on a desktop):
            http://www.business2community.com/co...rchase-0350623

Comment

Originally posted by Eric S View Post
              That doesn't make it ok. Accessing private companies sales data when you won't share your own is
              not only a double standard but improper. Miva isn't just using data in aggregate to report trends here
              but using individual private company data to set its fees. Who knows if they are selling this or sharing
              with competitors to generate more revenue.
              They're not accessing it. You're providing it to them, and you have been for years. That's how the licensing and hosting model works. Unless I'm reading things incorrectly, they're using the data to generate an invoice, not set its fees across the board.

I can only refer to their privacy policy. I can say that in the many years I've worked with clients on Miva Merchant, I've never had one tell me they were contacted with the thought that Miva sold their info.
              Best,
              Pamela

Consultant / Developer / Trainer
              Contributing Editor to Practical Ecommerce
              Author of the Official Guides for Miva Merchant
              pamelahazelton.com

Comment

Simple "Save basket" or even just send a url with the current session id attached? Wouldn't that work?
                Bruce Golub
                Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                phosphormedia.com

Comment

Keitho,

You (and everyone) should know that anyone will have (at least) 30 days, we're certainly not going to "run the clock out" and then say oops, denied.

We're working with people who ask and have an alternate way to review their usage to see if they should be grandfathered, put on a different plan or given some sort of discount.

I should have your feedback to you by tomorrow or Monday at the latest.
                  Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                  CEO
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Eldon,

Send me an email on what you're thinking (mostly so I don't lose track of it).
                    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                    CEO
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Pamela Hazelton View Post
                      They're not accessing it. You're providing it to them, and you have been for years. That's how the licensing and hosting model works. Unless I'm reading things incorrectly, they're using the data to generate an invoice, not set its fees across the board.

I can only refer to their privacy policy. I can say that in the many years I've worked with clients on Miva Merchant, I've never had one tell me they were contacted with the thought that Miva sold their info.
                      I'd also add--though sounding like the lawyer my mom always wanted me to be--that Miva is NOT accessing private sales data, they are logging TRANSACTION data. No different than bandwidth (though you may care more about sales transactions than bandwidth). Interestingly, if they COULD access your true Sales Data, half this discussion would be gone cause they'd be able to determine your margins.

BTW: I believe sites like Builtwidth will provide gross revenue 'models' of sites...so that data isn't as private as one would think. (No idea of where or how they come up with this number, could be inferred. Welcome to the world of Big Data.)
                      Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Yeah and SpyFu estimates revenue, ad spend and potentially margin.
                        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                        CEO
                        Miva, Inc.
                        [email protected]

Comment

estimates low on some sites and extremely high on others as far as I can tell firsthand. And where does it estimate revenue???
                          Suzanne

__________________________________________________ _______

aGenius Marketing
                          800-768-2693
                          Web Design & e-Commerce

Comment

As a business owner, my Ad Spend is much more detrimental information for my competitors to have than revenue. That being said, Miva isn't YOUR competitor...but now we are at least two turns down the rabbit hole.
                            Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
                              As a business owner, my Ad Spend is much more detrimental information for my competitors to have than revenue. That being said, Miva isn't YOUR competitor...but now we are at least two turns down the rabbit hole.
                              Bruce, I'm just wondering where the revenue figures are Rick referred to, it would be helpful information to me, that's all.
                              Suzanne

aGenius Marketing
                              800-768-2693
                              Web Design & e-Commerce

Comment

Suzanne,

We may have been using another tool for that or correlating it (multiplying estimated ad spend). Let me see how my sales team was accomplishing this and I'll email you off forum.
                                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                                CEO
                                Miva, Inc.
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X