Inventory variant Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inventory variant Question.

Working on Dev site and I noticed Variants inventory control not working the same as on live site. Live site, when doing variants, on screen will show amount available of each combination and i didn't have to have inventory control ticked. Now dev site, same setup as all copied over, yet available variant message not on screen and the only way to get it to work is to also tick track inventory. So in other words it was one or the other on live, now it appears to be both. is that right?

If that's how it is at the end of the day so be it, yet I would have to go thru all products with variants and check the track inventory box which would take allot of time. Hope im just missing something here.

Thanks
    Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
    Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Re: Inventory variant Question.

Originally posted by Datagg View Post
    Working on Dev site and I noticed Variants inventory control not working the same as on live site. Live site, when doing variants, on screen will show amount available of each combination and i didn't have to have inventory control ticked. Now dev site, same setup as all copied over, yet available variant message not on screen and the only way to get it to work is to also tick track inventory. So in other words it was one or the other on live, now it appears to be both. is that right?

If that's how it is at the end of the day so be it, yet I would have to go thru all products with variants and check the track inventory box which would take allot of time. Hope im just missing something here.

Thanks
    I assume you mean you want to only track the variant inventory and not the master? You're also just trying to show this to the customer on the PROD page? The difference is just in displaying the short and long messages. Because I track both I get away with this using toolkit to test for attribute to change which gets shown when a product doesn't have attributes...

Code:
    <div class="row"><mvt:item name="toolkit" param="attr|attr_count|l.all_settings:product:id" />
    <mvt:if expr="g.attr_count GT 0">
    <div id="inventory-message">
    <mvt:if expr="l.settings:product:inv_active">
    &mvt:product:inv_short;
    </mvt:if></div>

</mvt:if>
    <mvt:if expr="l.settings:product:inv_level NE 'out'">
    <span itemprop="availability" content="in_stock">
    <div id="inventory-message">
    <mvt:if expr="l.settings:product:inv_active">
    <div id="inventory-messagelong">&mvt:product:inv_long;</div></span>
    </mvt:if></div>
    Mark Hood
    Vermont Gear

Comment

I guess im confused on variant vs the master. To me, the variants are just parts of the master and once they out, so is the product. With that being said, on live site we just had to use the inventory variants and that worked for the entire product (as far as stock mention).. vs dev, it appears both have to be activated to get the same functionality we had on the live.

I'm just trying to avoid going thru and searching for products with variants and having to activate tracking control to get same results. Ill give that toolkit code a try and see what happens Mark thanks.
      Last edited by Datagg; 10-14-15, 08:21 AM.
      Dan

Comment

I guess im confused on variant vs the master. To me, the variants are just parts of the master and once they out, so is the product. With that being said, on live site we just had to use the inventory variants and that worked for the entire product (as far as stock mention).. vs dev, it appears both have to be activated to get the same functionality we had on the live.

I'm just trying to avoid going thru and searching for products with variants and having to activate tracking control to get same results. Ill give that toolkit code a try and see what happens Mark thanks.
        Hopefully they are going to some day add the ability to sync the two but it hasn't happened yet. It was originally done this way IU believe because they expected it to get used for other things like kits etc. and not just clothing.

Nothing has changed about the way inventory or variants really work in MM9 from 5.5

My guess now is that you may want to check what the actual store level inventory settings are and compare the two. I'm betting the variants are getting created differently because of that difference?
        Mark Hood
        Vermont Gear

Comment

yes that would make things easier. Basically I found this issue when I noticed that one product on dev and no breakdown on quantities for each variant selected, while live site did showing each amount of selected variant. Comparing the two, both identical in setup and variant controls. Then just poking around, I told the product to track inventory, then bang the breakdown for each variant as selected would show quantity. At this point I realized It was necessary (as i tested more in same situations) the track inventory needed to be selected also.

No biggie as we go forward adding product's to engage both, its the current stock and going back to find it that will be the consuming part.

Thanks Mark for chiming in with thoughts, appreciate it.
          Dan

Comment

yes that would make things easier. Basically I found this issue when I noticed that one product on dev and no breakdown on quantities for each variant selected, while live site did showing each amount of selected variant. Comparing the two, both identical in setup and variant controls. Then just poking around, I told the product to track inventory, then bang the breakdown for each variant as selected would show quantity. At this point I realized It was necessary (as i tested more in same situations) the track inventory needed to be selected also.

No biggie as we go forward adding product's to engage both, its the current stock and going back to find it that will be the consuming part.

Thanks Mark for chiming in with thoughts, appreciate it.
            OK so the question here is just about the message showing on the Prod page? I just realized you're probably using one of the new themes which have a test for inventory on the product page by default. What happens if you simply remove the test?
            try changing this
            <mvt:if expr="l.settings:product:inv_active OR l.settings:attributemachine:product:inv_active">
            <div id="js-inventory-message" class="column whole">
            &mvt:product:inv_long;
            </div>
            to
            <div id="js-inventory-message" class="column whole">
            &mvt:product:inv_long;
            </div>
            Mark Hood
            Vermont Gear

Comment

Awesome Mark, that worked..... Now we had products that just used inventory tracking (no variants), which now with code altered shows stock & out of stock just fine, yet it doesn't grey out checkout button to "Sold Out", or grey out attributes.

Anyway to get that part back?... Either way, this is gonna save allot of time Mark, thank you!!
              Last edited by Datagg; 10-14-15, 12:11 PM.
              Dan

Comment

Awesome Mark, that worked..... Now we had products that just used inventory tracking (no variants), which now with code altered shows stock & out of stock just fine, yet it doesn't grey out checkout button to "Sold Out", or grey out attributes.

Anyway to get that part back?... Either way, this is gonna save allot of time Mark, thank you!!
                Try

<mvt:if expr="l.settings:product:inv_level NE 'out'">
                Your current cart button code
                <mvt:else>Sold Out.
                Mark Hood
                Vermont Gear

Comment

Mark you are a Genius my friend. Works like a charm.

Thank you.
                  Last edited by Datagg; 10-14-15, 12:46 PM.
                  Dan

Comment

Working...
                  X