Show Baskets Question: No Order Number Assigned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show Baskets Question: No Order Number Assigned

Noticed in the show baskets there was a "shopper" who came to the store twice, added some things to his basket (very similar both times), entered name and email, and then left or something happened to the shopper...

The weird thing is their is no Order Number assigned in either visit. That is something I had not seen before.

I thought that any time a shopper started the checkout process, an order number would be assigned.

And I thought that since they entered a name and email address, then they must have entered the checkout process, no???

Am I missing something here?

I notice in the sequence of order numbers there is a skip of tow numbers, so I am imagining that he did start the order process.

Thanks in advance.
    Mark Romero
    ~~~~~~~~

Re: Show Baskets Question: No Order Number Assigned

The name and email could have come from a customer account.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks, Bruce:

I think what you are saying then is that they logged into their account, added items to their cart, but then did NOT start the shopping process???

I think that is possible, but my concern is that their were two Order numbers skipped, and they - as best as I can tell - coincide with the period that user was on my site.

Since I have never seen the show baskets work this way, I just want to make sure that for some reason they aren't getting "kicked out" when starting the checkout process.
      Mark Romero
      ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Not quite, I'm saying they log into their account and DO NOT add anything to their account.

Order numbers can always skip.
        Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

I guess I am confused...

Not quite, I'm saying they log into their account and DO NOT add anything to their account.
          when you say "DO NOT add anything to their account" do you mean "do not add anything to their CART"?

Or do you mean something else when you say, "DO NOT add anything to their account"?

Because according to the show baskets module, they ARE adding items to their cart.

Thanks in advance,
          Mark Romero
          ~~~~~~~~

Comment

I'll make it easy for you then. Don't worry about it.
            Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
            X