Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I create this coupon price group?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I create this coupon price group?

I'm using the built-in Marketing functionality, and I want to offer a coupon discount that applies to a range of products in our store. The discount needs to be applied only to those products, not the basket as a whole.

The only way I see to do this is with volume pricing, but that displays the volume pricing table on the product page once the customer enters the coupon code in the shopping cart. I use volume pricing for other products, so I don't want to hide the table unless there's an easy way to do it based on the price group.

What's the proper method? Can anyone help me here?

Thanks,
    Todd
    Last edited by TFo; 11-12-15, 08:54 AM.

Re: How do I create this coupon price group?

You can create a Price Group that uses a Product Discount. This allows you to set which products get the discount.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Well, there's a moment when I feel real dumb. The "Apply Discount To:" setting made me think it was only going to apply to one item in the cart, high or low, so I didn't even try it. Thanks Brennan.

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by TFo View Post
        Well, there's a moment when I feel real dumb. The "Apply Discount To:" setting made me think it was only going to apply to one item in the cart, high or low, so I didn't even try it. Thanks Brennan.

Todd
        Don't worry. I saw the "Apply Discount To:" and thought the exact same thing as you did! And I arrived to the same conclusion that Volume Pricing was the only way to accomplish a Product Discount for more than just the highest or lowest priced products. So this answer was really helpful! I wonder how "Apply Discount To:" is actually supposed to work?

Comment

Working...
        X