Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Login to customer account from external link.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login to customer account from external link.

Just starting on a little project that would greatly benefit from being able to log a customer in from an external link. Obviously, we don't want to pass the password in the link, and would like to do it without requiring the password entry at all. (The initial link will be processed by a custom module.) Any thoughts?

The account is primarily for discounting. I know I can do all this via direct database/api functions, but i'ze lazy...So, is there a high level function to complete the login process from say the Customer ID?
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Re: Login to customer account from external link.

Can you use Miva's Shop as customer feature? This gives you the functionality you need, but you do need to be logged in to Miva as an admin user, which provides the authentication.

If they are not authenticated either via your module or the admin, someone would be able to login to any customer account without a password which is not good.

The code your looking for to login in a customer can be found in the shopascustomer module in the LSK.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Re: Login to customer account from external link.

yes, the module will handle the auth/privacy...

didn't consider the shop as customer function as we are shopping as the 'shopper'...but if that has the background for authenticating a customer login without the password, then its probably as good as any place to start.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
      X