Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Notification Issues

Client hosted with DotComHost is getting an error on the INVC page stating,

"One or more notification emails could not be sent at this time: 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Rely access denied.

I'm about to do some testing, but I do see they have two stores, and their using an email as the "from" for the invoices that isn't the same as their store's email because it's the main email they use.

Could that be the cause of this? Using [email protected] as the from for domain2.com's store?
    Ted Hust
    AarcMediaGroup.com

Celebrating 13 Years of Outstanding Service & Support
    Miva Merchant Design

Re: Email Notification Issues

If I remember correctly, sites hosted there MUST use authentication with outbound email from the store, even if the mail server is set to 'localhost', so the issue is probably that authentication is not turned on. In the store domain settings, you'll need to enable authentication and choose a valid email account on the server being used for mail relay so the store can log into it.
    David Hubbard
    CIO
    Miva
    [email protected]
    http://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks David. I do see their other store is set up that way. When I set this up for them, we were rushed to get it launched, so I called you guys to confirm settings vs. them because you can't get them on the phone in a pinch. So your guy said it was OK to use localhost, which why would he assume otherwise since it is OK on your servers and WebNetHosting's.

I will set it up using the new system and see if that fixes it, but I suspect it will. Thanks for the quick reply.
      Ted Hust
      AarcMediaGroup.com

Celebrating 13 Years of Outstanding Service & Support
      Miva Merchant Design

Comment

how do I set up enable authentication. I am hosted through dotcomhosts and my emails aren't going through

Comment

Last edited by bostontech88; 11-29-15, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Ted - we have Live Chat, online support helpdesk, emails, and phones. I'm surprised you couldn't reach us using any of these options. We have no voicemails from you, no support tickets, no emails, and no live chat requests. If you need help from us, logically (to me anyway) you should be contacting our support first, rather than Miva support. We are far easier to reach than you make it sound - in fact that's one thing that our clients keep telling us they like about us - that they can reach us 24x7x365, if not on first ring (hey, we may already be on the phone), then within minutes if you contact us through one of the other three options.

To answer your question - replace "localhost" in your store admin for the mail server name with the correct full mail server name for the domain in question, then configure the username and password to use a valid mailbox. Then make sure all outgoing email notifications (both merchant and customer) are also sent from this address. If the email is hosted on the same server as the Miva store, you may leave encryption set to Plaintext and default port 25 (though SSL authentication on port 465 also works). If your email is hosted at a 3rd party company, not with dotCOM host, use whatever settings they require to provide full SMTP authentication through that external mail server.

Comment

I have tried all those suggestions and it still doesn't work. BTW...this is not Ted.

Comment

Working...
              X