special order products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

special order products

I have a need to allow customers to add to their carts products which are on special order status.
    The products in question are regular stock items, such that when I have them in stock they are shown as such and can be ordered.
    When they are out of stock the customer can add their email to the WANT LIST to be notified when the product is back in stock.
    Instead I would like to allow customers to add the out of stock item to their carts and I would display a message telling them that the item is a special order item and will be shipped within 20 days. The message would only show when the products are out of stock.
    Bob MacLachlan
    iHobb.com

Re: special order products

I tried to change the Inventory Tracking Options: Track Product = Yes, Current Stock = 0, Track Low Stock Level = Yes, Low Stock Level = 0.

I then put a long and short message about Special Order Items taking an additional 20 days for delivery.

Track Out of Stock Level = No, Hide Out of Stock Products = No

Now at zero stock level customers can continue to order product, but the Low Stock Message does not show.

Seems there should be some way to continue to allow ordering and yet give customers a heads up about delivery time.

iHobb.com

Comment

Re: special order products

Perhaps you have the inventory message code removed from your page template?

Make sure the following code appears on the PROD page:

Code:
      <div id="inventory-message">
          <mvt:if expr="l.settings:product:inv_active">
              &mvt:product:inv_long;
          </mvt:if>
      </div>
      or this if you want the inventory short message to display:

Code:
      <div id="inventory-message">
      		<mvt:if expr="l.settings:product:inv_active">
      		&mvt:product:inv_short;
      		</mvt:if>
      	</div>
      Last edited by Brennan; 12-14-15, 09:01 AM.
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

I placed the Code in the PROD page

With setting for Track Product set, I choose Track Low Stock Level and Low Stock Level '0' and put text in the Low Stock Message (Long)

The message did not show when inventory level was zero, which is what I had hoped for.

The message does appear when I put the message in the Out of Stock Message (Long) but the customer cannot order the product.

I am using a Wait List for Out of Stock Products. Is this causing the problem where the Wish List is overriding? If so can I deactivate the Wish List for those products that are special Order items,

Bob MacLachlan
        iHobb.com

Comment

Working...
        X