Basket Page / Price + Attribute Cost Combine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basket Page / Price + Attribute Cost Combine

I am still searching the forum and was able to locate how to combine the Price + Attribute Cost x Quanity for the subtotals on the basket page...but I am looking for the following:

1) Combine the Base Product Price + Attribute Cost and have that totaled amount displayed under the price column on the basket page and if no + Attribute Cost to display the base price

Thank you in advance...I am still testing and searching, hoping to find a solution.
    Last edited by Mish; 11-30-15, 09:01 AM.

Re: Basket Page / Price + Attribute Cost Combine

I am looking for this as well. It is very confusing for the customer and for the merchant the default way this works. Deciphering the basket and reports can be very confusing. It also appears that the ToolKit can no longer replace this function as the pricing are now 'groups".
    Jon

Viscott Limited
    www.viscott.com

Comment

Here is template code to do what you want:

http://extranet.miva.com/forums/show...287#post438287

In 9.0005 we will be adding a single variable that combines these together to make this easier to add to any site.
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post

In 9.0005 we will be adding a single variable that combines these together to make this easier to add to any site.
        Thank you for the response Brennan :) I have already used the above coding that you had listed on that page. It combines the base price + attribute x quantity --- it is for the subtotal (including Qty) not just the sum of the base price and attributes. That is what we are looking for.

Is there a way to do this? If so, could you assist please and post the coding... as I see others are looking for it too (on this post and other posts).

Also, when is 9.0005 being released?

Thanks again!

Comment

What about the INVC Page, Mini Basket, Customer and Merchant Emails? Seems Sub-Total is another one missing from the "Printable Invoice" as well.

This template change does not work on those pages.

Originally posted by Brennan

Replace

Code:
          <td class="item-total">
          	<mvt:if expr="l.settings:group:subtotal_base_price NE l.settings:group:subtotal">
          		<span style="text-decoration: line-through;">&mvt:group:formatted_subtotal_base_price;</span>
          	</mvt:if>
          	&mvt:group:formatted_subtotal;
          </td>

with
          Code:
          <td class="item-total">
          	<mvt:if expr="l.settings:group:subtotal_base_price NE l.settings:group:subtotal">
          		<span style="text-decoration: line-through;">&mvt:group:formatted_subtotal_base_price;</span>
          	</mvt:if>

<mvt:comment>Reset Values</mvt:comment>
          	<mvt:assign name="l.settings:combined_formatted_subtotal" value="''" />
          	<mvt:assign name="l.settings:attribute_total" value="''" />

<mvt:foreach iterator="option" array="group:options">
          		<mvt:assign name="l.settings:attribute_total" value="l.settings:attribute_total + l.settings:option:subtotal" />
          	</mvt:foreach>

<mvt:assign name="l.settings:price_with_attributes" value="l.settings:attribute_total + l.settings:group:subtotal" />
          	<mvt:do name="l.settings:group:combined_formatted_subtotal" file="g.Module_Root $ g.Store:currncy_mod:module" value="CurrencyModule_AddFormatting( g.Store:currncy_mod, l.settings:price_with_attributes )" />
          	&mvt:group:combined_formatted_subtotal;
          </td>
          You can then hide the attribute prices from showing by removing them or hiding them form the template.
          Last edited by Viscott; 12-02-15, 01:29 PM.
          Jon

Viscott Limited
          www.viscott.com

Comment

Brennan, now that 9.5 is out do you have the variable that I can use to combine the attribute price? I need this for, BASK, the Checkout Screens and Customer and Merchant Email notifications.

Thanks,
            Jon
            Jon

Viscott Limited
            www.viscott.com

Comment

Hi Jon -

I just checked the feature, and it looks like it got pushed to 9.0006.

It will for sure be in 9.0006.
              Brennan Heyde
              VP Product
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]

Comment

Hi Jon -

I just checked the feature, and it looks like it got pushed to 9.0006.

It will for sure be in 9.0006.
                It would be great for this to be a selectable option in the store admin without having to change the template code.

Combine Attribute Price Storefront Y or N.
                Or even down to:
                • Category
                • Product
                • Basket
                • Checkout
                • Emails

Combine Attribute Price Admin Y or N.

I don't know if development has looked at how confusing and messy it can be the way it works right now. The math is usually correct, but it is very confusing in it's presentation especially when you add in sale and promotion pricing using the new "Marketing Price Groups".
                Last edited by Viscott; 01-04-16, 12:34 PM.
                Jon

Viscott Limited
                www.viscott.com

Comment

Any word on when 9.0006 will be available? It seems like the mini basket can do this, but using that same code on the BASK page doesn't seem to do anything.
                  Dylan Buchfink
                  The Mattress & Sleep Company
                  http://www.tmasc.ca/

Comment

9.0006 is slated for Q2.
                    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                    CEO
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                      9.0006 is slated for Q2.
                      Any idea when this will be corrected? Or could you share coding to have this work please. Thank you!

Comment

http://www.miva.com/forums/forum/onl...=&amp;p=655162
                        Brennan Heyde
                        VP Product
                        Miva, Inc.
                        [email protected]

Comment

Brennan, That link was posted previously on 12/1/15:
                          2-01-15, 06:45 PM

And my response at that time:
                          --- it is for the subtotal (including Qty) not just the sum of the base price and attributes. That is what we are looking for.

Is there a way to do this? If so, could you assist please and post the coding... as I see others are looking for it too (on this post and other posts).
                          So...I am looking for the way to sum the base price and attribute cost.. not only for the basket page but also for the product page

so it doesn't display the following for example on the product page in the attribute drop down:
                          "size xl - $50.00 + $10.00" <~ The $50.00 being the base price and then the $10.00 for the attribute price. I just want it to display "size xl - $60.00"

Comment

It you use inventory variants and "Sum of Parts" Miva will do this combination for you on the Product Page and all checkout pages. If you don't want to use inventory variants, the only way to combine the attribute price on PROD is to use JavaScript, because it needs to change based on the attribute selection.
                            Brennan Heyde
                            VP Product
                            Miva, Inc.
                            [email protected]

Comment

It you use inventory variants and "Sum of Parts" Miva will do this combination for you on the Product Page and all checkout pages. If you don't want to use inventory variants, the only way to combine the attribute price on PROD is to use JavaScript, because it needs to change based on the attribute selection.
                              We don't want to use inventory variants, is there a JavaScript that that Miva has that can do this? I was hoping that there would have been a variable as discussed above and how it was done on the earlier versions of Miva that this could be done. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X