This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Wish List

I said in the test forum that we would start a wish list for the forums. This is as good as spot as any, so let's begin.

Basically just post what you would like to see with the forums, and every week we'll reveiw it. Some wishes will be granted, some might be postponed, and some just might not happen, but we'll definitely look into them.

Thanks!

Spell out CP

Hi... I'll make this an easy one - perhaps spell out "CP" (assuming it's Control Panel) or call it something catchy like "My Miva"?!

mp/m
    Mike Maddaloni
    Dunkirk Systems, LLC - Delivering Internet Solutions
    The Hot Iron - A journal on business, technology and occasional diversions

Comment

Make this message title stand out

And I'll add the second one too. :D

Make the message title stand out more - now it looks like the first line of the post. I'll leave the style to all y'all...

mp/m
      Mike Maddaloni
      Dunkirk Systems, LLC - Delivering Internet Solutions
      The Hot Iron - A journal on business, technology and occasional diversions

Comment

Move the General below the Online Merchants. Yes, MIVA Announcements are important, but the #1 reason people will come here is for the MM specific forums. :)
        Best,
        Pamela

Consultant / Developer / Trainer
        Contributing Editor to Practical Ecommerce
        Author of the Official Guides for Miva Merchant
        pamelahazelton.com

Comment

Is it just me, or is the forum database already broken?

Anytime I close the forum and access it later again, all threads already open and read, appear again as unread (yellow icons). To be sure I tested it with different browsers (MSIE6, Opera, Firefox), but there is no difference. And of course, I was always logged in, had cookies and scripts enabled.

This is rather disturbing, since I am spending my time in re-checking re-reading the same threads over and over. Is it just me, or does it happen to everyone?
          Last edited by truXoft; 03-29-06, 03:01 AM.
          Ivo Truxa . @ . t r u X o f t

Comment

Originally posted by DunkirkSystems
            Hi... I'll make this an easy one - perhaps spell out "CP" (assuming it's Control Panel) or call it something catchy like "My Miva"?!
            Personally, I am rather fan of minimalist layout, as little intrusive as possible. You can add detailed descriptions of the menu item with the help of the TITLE attributes in the hyperlink tags, though.

On the other hand, in comparison to other forums I am used to, I find the forum layout rather harming the readability. I'd prefer if the icons, avatars, frames, and other items not carrying any information were as unintrusive as possible. For example, especially the forum index page could well profit if the icons and frames were smaller, and if the forum table cells were maximally double lined, not triple lined as it is now - the page is far too long. I'd prefer if all forum descriptions were visible without scrolling. Also, I find the fading coloring of the table rows more disturbing the readability than serving any purpose.

EDIT:
            Look for example at this vBulletin forum - it's layout is very simple yet very well readable, quite clear and nice in the same time (I think it is one of the built-in vBulletin layouts anyway). The only disturbing is the top menu that should be merged with the forum menu below it. And, of course, we also do not need a photo gallery as there is at the top. However, if this forum used as dense and clear layout as you can see on that page, I think it would be much easier to use.

EDIT2: Oops! I found the solution - at the bottom, tere is a style chooser. I simply switched to the "Miva style" and the layout is now as I wish
            Last edited by truXoft; 03-29-06, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Yet another wish - this forum's CSS uses fixed font sizes what is very inconvenient if you use to work with different screens and resolutions. I am used to adjust fonts with the simple and fast Ctrl+Scroll_Wheel (MSIE) or Num+/- (Opera, Firefox), but when the CSS forces fixed sizes, it has no effect, of course. In this way, in some conditions, the text is far too small to read, in others it is too big and kludgey. I'd recommend using relative font sizes - the user can then adjust the size quickly.
              Last edited by truXoft; 03-29-06, 04:38 AM.

Comment

I vote yes on the variable font size...also, close up the white space as well (i.e, you could reduce the overall padding by a bit...and make padding variable as well...

Is there possibly the option of groups sumbiting their own skins? I could see the Developers all wanting a similar appearance (low color, very compact, all text, etc).
                Bruce Golub
                Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                phosphormedia.com

Comment

Oh, and another thing<G>...i know branding is importent, but the Miva Header is taking up 280 pixels of valuable realestate.... perhaps a smaller top header, or even a side bar branding effort would be better.
                  Bruce Golub
                  Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                  phosphormedia.com

Comment

Calendar Bust?

Seems I can't access the calendar, which I believe is a calendar listing of upcoming events.
                    Best,
                    Pamela

pamelahazelton.com

Comment

Works fine for me. I see a convention in NY.
                      Andreas Toman
                      PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
                      We built over 200 Miva Merchant stores!
                      Miva shopping cart design & integration service and see our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
                      web: www.pcinet.com
                      LinkedIn: Andreas Toman
                      phone: (786) 250-2056 (Miami, FL)

Comment

DesignExtend-MSI, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                        If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
                        Best,
                        Pamela

pamelahazelton.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia
                          Oh, and another thing<G>...i know branding is importent, but the Miva Header is taking up 280 pixels of valuable realestate.... perhaps a smaller top header, or even a side bar branding effort would be better.
                          I second the request. Why having two headers - why not branding directly the vBulletin header? Maybe something in this way:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like your account isn't activated yet ... weird because you can post ... but Julie activated mine and I could post before activation too.
                            Andreas Toman
                            PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
                            We built over 200 Miva Merchant stores!
                            Miva shopping cart design & integration service and see our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
                            web: www.pcinet.com
                            LinkedIn: Andreas Toman
                            phone: (786) 250-2056 (Miami, FL)

Comment

I've been activated. No problem with posting or any other tool.
                              Best,
                              Pamela

pamelahazelton.com

Comment

Working...
                              X