NEW MODULE - Category Assignment Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW MODULE - Category Assignment Manager

The Category Assignment Manager module gives you quick and easy access to assigning categories to your products and child categories to your parent categories. Each product in your store will now have a "Categories" tab for quick category assignment. Also, each category in your store will have a new tab called "Child Categories". Within this tab you will be able to quickly assign sub-categories to the current category. You are also able to quickly sort the categories sub-categories by using the up and down arrows.

http://www.sebenza.com/products/SS-ASSIGN5.html

--
    Scott Zielinski
    -----------------------------
    Sebenza.com - Miva Merchant Partner
    MIVA Development & MIVA Modules

SearchSpring.net - Strategic Miva Merchant Partner
    How many sales is your search page losing?

Re: NEW MODULE - Category Assignment Manager

How many categories are you allowed to assign to a product?

Comment

As many as you like.
      --
      Scott Zielinski
      -----------------------------
      Sebenza.com - Miva Merchant Partner
      MIVA Development & MIVA Modules

SearchSpring.net - Strategic Miva Merchant Partner
      How many sales is your search page losing?

Comment

looks nice! ;) Good job, as always, Scott.
        Tim Bogus

Comment

Looks like this module has been discontinued... any reason why?
          Is there a substitute module out there that allows me to change the display order of sub cats on the category pages?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

It is built in functionality in later versions of Miva Merchant.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Glendale Designs View Post
              It is built in functionality in later versions of Miva Merchant.
              Hi,

How is done in Miva 5.5?
              That's what I'm using.
              I need to control the display order of the subcats on my category pages... I'm using Sebenza Category Template Manager.

Thanks

Comment

Later versions of Miva Merchant include Category and Product Order > Show Order options towards the top of the admin listing displays. This is where you can change the sort order accordingly.

Miva Merchant also added a quick method to assign categories to products, which was a missing component in earlier versions. (this was a capability of the Sebenza module as well)

That all said, the Sebenza Category Template Manager has been discontinued as well because it began to show conflicts with Miva Merchant stock sorting, pagination and display order capabilities. There is a chance that this module will ignore whatever sort order you specify, so it is just a matter of trying it. I highly recommend transitioning away from that module in the very near future if possible.
                Last edited by Dan - Glendale Designs; 03-12-14, 02:02 PM.

Comment

I am actually anticipating a client wanting to be able to modify the display order of the subcats. The capability is there for products in any category, but I don't see anywhere there is that function for changing the order of the subcats in MM5.5. I could be missing it.

Scott
                  Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
                  Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
                  MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
                  Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
                  AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
                  My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

Comment

I am actually anticipating a client wanting to be able to modify the display order of the subcats. The capability is there for products in any category, but I don't see anywhere there is that function for changing the order of the subcats in MM5.5. I could be missing it.
                    It's not pretty, but you have to do a full sort of the cats in order for the sub-cats to display in the proper order. I hope when Miva Merchant implements the new subcat display capabilities in SMT, that they take this into consideration.

Comment

Working...
                    X