Conditional Attributes for Availability & Price Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conditional Attributes for Availability & Price Groups

Great forums! I have gotten a lot of great insight and information already, but upon searching through the archives for a solution or insight to this particular query and finding nothing, I figured I should go ahead and ask.

I am very new to Miva development, but am now maintaining a store that was just converted from MM4 to 5 and I'm having fun playing around with all the new features and possibilities (it is a dev site with the MM4 store still in action so I can't mess it all up too badly.. yet).

Here is my dilemma:
    This company has wholesale prices on particular products, but all products are available for retail customer purchase. My problem is that I have attributes (e.g., selling fabric by the yard and inch) that I need to hide based on if a customer is in a particular price group. So, I have a product that has a base price in Miva at $0.00, and the prices are controlled and driven solely based on the attribute pricing (by inch, by yard), BUT there is an additional attribute for wholesale customers (they can only purchase in YARDS), so I basically have three attributes: Price by inch, Price by yard, and Price by yard for wholesale customers.

Here is what I want to do: I need to create a conditional statement that checks whether or not a particular customer is in a price group and then hide/show the attribute accordingly (I don't want my retail customers to see the "price by yard for wholesale customers" attribute, and I don't want my wholesale customers to be able to purchase "inches" at discount). Am I thoroughly confusing everyone yet? I hope not.

1. Can I do this within Miva inherently with conditional if statements? Or will I need a module (if there are any)?

2. If I can do this with conditional coding, where do I start? How do I check if a customer is in a particular price group (Emporium Plus ToolKit...?) and then display attributes accordingly? Can I even conditionally show attributes at all?

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Re: Conditional Attributes for Availability & Price Groups

Good to hear you're enjoying MM5. It's waaaaaaaaaaay better for the coder types and control freaks (me).

Get the free Latu Storehelper. Then get Toolkit... it's awesome and you need it's ability to lookup if the person is in a price group. Also get Sebenza product page template manager so you can have complete control over your attribute display. Use a lot of attribute templates so it's easy when coding to tell what the attribute is. Then use the two to do if/else statements :)
    Last edited by dreamingdigital; 12-06-07, 11:47 AM.
    Colin Puttick
    Miva Web Developer @ Glendale Designs

Comment

Working...
    X