Google Adwords Conversion Tracking Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Google Adwords Conversion Tracking Code

This thread is quite old. Should we start a newer thread for the current asynchronous version of Google Analytics?

Comment

This is for Version 4. Is there even a module for the new code for Version 4?
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

I have no idea. I've been using "Google Analytics (FREE) by KSE" which integrates the store stats nicely into Google Analytics.

What I want to do now is set up Google AdWords conversions tracking to see whether my ads are actually leading to purchases.

The AdWords conversion tracking code makes the most sense placed on the INVC page. But, the problem with this is that I have no way of knowing which of my AdWords ads triggered the sale (since all transactions end on the INVC page).

I'm still searching for a solution to this on the Miva Merchant Forums…but not having much luck.

Have you come across anything?

Comment

I'm not an AdWords expert, but I know we run that code on our INVC page since we recently launched PPC and from what our Marketing Consultants tell us, it's ok to be on that page for everyone because it only counts when they came in through PPC.

So in theory it's never going to double count and that has been true for us so far.
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
            I'm not an AdWords expert, but I know we run that code on our INVC page since we recently launched PPC and from what our Marketing Consultants tell us, it's ok to be on that page for everyone because it only counts when they came in through PPC. So in theory it's never going to double count and that has been true for us so far.
            How can you tell which AdWords Ad resulted in the sale?

For instance, if all AdWords ads for my products get tracked with a single bit of conversion tracking code on the INVC page, I'll have no way of knowing which ads actually lead to sales. I need to be able to track conversion right from the click of the ad through to the purchase of the product that was advertised. In other words, the landing page has to be unique to the product being advertised in order for conversion tracking to be most useful.

Comment

We get reports from our consultants who pull them from the AdWords panel. Google knows which Ad converted.

So for example I get a weekly report that shows the conversion rate for each ad, the clicks, impressions, etc...

I also get a list of Orders, but I can't correlate specific orders to specific Ads, only aggregate.
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]

Comment

Google knows which Ad converted. So for example I get a weekly report that shows the conversion rate for each ad, the clicks, impressions, etc...
                I wonder how Google knows which ad converted if the conversion tracking code is the same for all store ads? Does your report show clicks, impressions, and conversions for each ad?

Comment

Yes our report shows clicks, impressions and conversions for each Ad.

Google cookies the the click through when someone clicks an ad, so they know what converts by seeing that same cookie again on the INVC page.
                  Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                  CEO
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Google cookies the the click through when someone clicks an ad, so they know what converts by seeing that same cookie again on the INVC page.
                    This sounds promising!

I was thinking there needed to be a product code passed to Google via the conversion tracking code (in a similar way to how the order subtotal gets passed to Google's "Value" setting for the conversion).

Thanks Rick. Hopefully I'll see some conversions tracked by tomorrow now that this is set up!

Comment

I'm researching Google Adword conversion tracking. The last update to this thread was 2011. Has the process changed?
                      Last edited by Chatt; 07-22-13, 08:24 AM.

Comment

This is a thread for the 4.xx version of Miva. There are other threads addressing Google and the current version. Which version do you need help with?

Comment

Miva Merchant 5.5
                          Production Release 8 Update 10
                          Miva Merchant Engine v5.17
                          Database API: mysql

Thanks!

Comment

There is now a built0in function for Google Analytics - you may need to upgrade your emgine version to the latest, though (5.19).

Try here:

http://extranet.mivamerchant.com/for...ogle+analytics

Comment

Adwords conversion tracking code is simply placed on the Invoice (INVC) screen with the necessary variable changes. We offer a service for this, however it is a pretty simply process if you are familiar with Miva Merchant 5.5.

Comment

We also offer Google Analytics and Adwords Remarketing implementation if anyone is interested. Separate tracking snippets/setup process for both.
                                Last edited by Dan - Glendale Designs; 07-23-13, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X