Updating Products via Flatfile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating Products via Flatfile

I am trying to update products via flatfile import and I am running into a problem - the product fields are not being updated correctly. For example, I am updating a custom field that specifies availability ("in stock" or out of stock). Product A on the flatfile is "in stock". Before uploading the flatfile, the Product A in Miva Merchant is "in stock". But when I upload the flatfile, Product A is now "out of stock". I have tried troubleshooting this problem without any luck. One theory, I manage several miva merchant stores and maintain a flatfile of all products (from all sites). This is the flatfile I use to update availability. So there are many products in flatfile that do not exist in Store A so Miva must "skip" these products when uploading. Could this be causing problems during the import/update process? Any suggestions as to what is going on?

Re: Updating Products via Flatfile

You might need to provide more details.

I am updating a custom field that specifies availability ("in stock" or out of stock).
    What module did you use to create the custom field?

Does your in stock field have anything to do with the standard Miva inventory functions, or a thrid-party inventory functions?

And which version of merchant and OUI are you using?

I am sure someone on this board will be able to help if you can provide a few more details.

good luck,

mark

Comment

Re: Updating Products via Flatfile

Here is some more info re: the problem I am having:

- I am experience the problem in a Merchant 4.23 (OUI 4.958/4.984/4.85) and a Merchant 5.06 store
      - The custom field I am updating utilizes the Custom Fields module provided by Miva Corp (modules/util/customfld.mvc)
      - I am NOT updating Miva inventory functions, just simply a custom field with text entered

Originally posted by katyahirsch View Post
      I am trying to update products via flatfile import and I am running into a problem - the product fields are not being updated correctly. For example, I am updating a custom field that specifies availability ("in stock" or out of stock). Product A on the flatfile is "in stock". Before uploading the flatfile, the Product A in Miva Merchant is "in stock". But when I upload the flatfile, Product A is now "out of stock". I have tried troubleshooting this problem without any luck. One theory, I manage several miva merchant stores and maintain a flatfile of all products (from all sites). This is the flatfile I use to update availability. So there are many products in flatfile that do not exist in Store A so Miva must "skip" these products when uploading. Could this be causing problems during the import/update process? Any suggestions as to what is going on?

Comment

Working...
      X