Windows Server 2008 / IIS7 installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Server 2008 / IIS7 installation

Has anyone successfully installed empresa 5.06 on Windows Server 2008? Is there a time table when this will be supported?

Thanks,
    Greg

Re: Windows Server 2008 / IIS7 installation

We're looking at it for 5.07 right now, which will be out later this year. I believe there's ways to manually install it on IIS7 right now, however I don't know the steps.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks Rick.

Hopefully someone can chime in with the steps so that we can convert this site. Accessing the config settings under the new II7 admin is definately an issue.

Greg

Comment

IIS6 and so presumably IIS7 seem to have different threading models than IIS5. I'm not sure about installation itself on IIS7, but you may need to assign "IIS5 compatibility mode" at the application level.

Come to think of it now, this may be entirely unrelated. I just know this is something we had to have a client do in order to run a custom BUILTIN library I wrote for them a few years back to get everything to run smoothly on IIS6.
        James Harrell
        current: Friend of Miva
        2007-2012 eMediaSales & Viking Coders
        2005-2007 Miva Merchant
        2001-2005 Copernicus

Comment

You didn't mention if the server was 64 bit or 32 bit or both. Are you running IIS in 64 bit or 32 bit mode? You might need to make a 32 bit snap in by using the 32 bit switch.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...53(VS.85).aspx

If your server is 64 and 32 bit compatible you'll definitely have to run IIS in 32 bit mode to configure Empresa.
          Jim McCormick
          Miva Merchant Support
          866-284-9812

Comment

Ok so ignore my previous post and yes I know I can delete it to cover up my ignorance.

I'm going through the paces right now to install Empresa on a Win2K8 Server virtual machine but since it's a brand new machine it's taking a little longer than expected. I'll post some more as soon as I have something.
            Jim McCormick
            Miva Merchant Support
            866-284-9812

Comment

Originally posted by eMediaSales View Post
              IIS6 and so presumably IIS7 seem to have different threading models than IIS5. I'm not sure about installation itself on IIS7, but you may need to assign "IIS5 compatibility mode" at the application level.

Come to think of it now, this may be entirely unrelated. I just know this is something we had to have a client do in order to run a custom BUILTIN library I wrote for them a few years back to get everything to run smoothly on IIS6.
              And just in case I didn't make it clear or say it enough times James - THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

-mike

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McCormick View Post
                I'm going through the paces right now to install Empresa on a Win2K8 Server virtual machine but since it's a brand new machine it's taking a little longer than expected. I'll post some more as soon as I have something.
                Jim,

Just checking to see if you made any progress on Windows 2008 Server?

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Greg B View Post
                  Jim,

Just checking to see if you made any progress on Windows 2008 Server?

Greg
                  Greg,

I apologize but I had to take some time to try and figure this out. After causing much bleeding to my forehead I'm going to say we have to make some changes to Empresa in order for it to run on IIS 7. That's just my guess but I'll try to find out what development has to say about it.
                  Jim McCormick
                  Miva Merchant Support
                  866-284-9812

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McCormick View Post
                    Greg,

I apologize but I had to take some time to try and figure this out. After causing much bleeding to my forehead I'm going to say we have to make some changes to Empresa in order for it to run on IIS 7. That's just my guess but I'll try to find out what development has to say about it.
                    Jim,

Have you heard back from development on this?

Greg

Comment

Greg,

Yes and while they anticipate making changes to Empresa to work with IIS 7 they don't have a timetable on when they will be starting this.
                      Jim McCormick
                      Miva Merchant Support
                      866-284-9812

Comment

Keep us posted. Mainstream support for Windows 2003 Server ends shortly. Several servers were purchased in anticipation of replacing existing sites. They were built with Windows 2008. Now we have hardware that is unuseable for these sites. I'd like to move forward on upgrading the sites.

Comment

Greg,

My guess is it will be in 5.07, either I or Jim will keep everyone posted.
                          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                          CEO
                          Miva, Inc.
                          [email protected]

Comment

HI,
                            I saw that Miva Mia 5.08 is out but the install notes are still only for Server 2000 and Server 2003... Is there any timeframe on support for IIS7 64 and/or 32 bit?

Comment

Any news on the IIS 7 version?

Comment

Working...
                              X