X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 5 Dream Features

2 More items -

Reporting on logged in vistors navigation to aid in the design of a more personalized shopping experience.

Notification of an abondoned cart we could then email with a secondary offer
    Mitch Rezman
    General Manager
    Windy City Parrot, Inc.
    906 N Western Ave
    Chicago, Illinois 60622
    Website - Blog
    Twitter - Facebook

Youtube - LinkedIn

Comment

It'd be nice to be able to upload attribute template codes in a comma delimited list - in a single column of an upload file - much like you can do with category codes.

This is a personally frustrating thing for us here - you can do the categories in a comma delimited but you can't do other repetitive tasks in the same manner (like attributes) - this would allow us to have a streamlined upload file, instead of dealing with a separate upload iteration when you have multiple attribute templates (say upwards to 5 to 9 attributes for product in an upload file).
      Tim Bogus

Comment

How about the ability to have Free Shipping on just one product? I think there are a lot of people who would like to see that.
        David

Comment

Add the Product Header and Product Footer to the "Import Products from Falt File" module.

--
          Thank you,
          Gary Hodder
          Support
          --
          CybrHost Corp. - http://www.cybrhost.com/ - [email protected]
          +1-866-300-MIVA - Professional Miva & E-Commerce web hosting services.
          Premiere Hosting Partner Since 1999

Comment

Add support for more product and category images and include those in the "Import Products from Falt File" module.

--
            Thank you,
            Gary Hodder
            Support
            --
            CybrHost Corp. - http://www.cybrhost.com/ - [email protected]
            +1-866-300-MIVA - Professional Miva & E-Commerce web hosting services.
            Premiere Hosting Partner Since 1999

Comment

These may have been mentioned but this thread is really long. It would be nice to just compile a list of what has been requested and post that.

Anyway, I have a few dreams...
              Minimum Order Qty per Product
              Free Shipping per Product

Thank you.
              David
              David

Comment

I didn't see it on the list so I'll recommend it again here.

These basic language constructs for Store Morph templates should be built in. I know there are modules that add some of this functionality and my thanks to those developers but at least these really should be built in.

&mvt:system:varname;
                <mvt:assign name="varname_string" value="expression" />
                <mvt:assign name="varname" index="expression" membername="name" value="expression" />
                <mvt:assign name="{ varname_by_reference }" expr="expression" />

<mvt:do name="mod_expression" name="varname" value="FunctionName(paramList)" />

<mvt:eval expr="expression" />

<mvt:call action="url_expression" method="post|get" fields="list_expression" />

<mvt:while expr="expression">
                <mvt:whilestop />
                </mvt:while>
                In the above list expression refers to any Mivascript expression that you could place between "{ }" including ALL of the built in Empressa/Mivascript functions.

The entire Mivascript language does not need to be added to SMT; but often an entire module is overkill. These constructs would go a LONG way toward letting site developers impliment simple features often requested by clients that are not covered by any module.
                Ray Yates
                "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
                --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Along with the category title image it would help if their was also a category thumbnail image field.
                  Ray Yates
                  --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

I find us constantly needing the ability to assign a subcat to more than one parent category.

I know this was brought up earlier in the thread and dismissed pretty quickly w/ a workaround of making multiple subcats w/ the same name but different codes... to me this would be like recommending to create multiple products w/ the same name but slightly different codes.

It seems like there's a good reason miva has the built-in ability to assign products to multiple categories, as it saves time and maintains accuracy. The same benefits would be produced if miva structure allowed subcats to be assigned to multiple categories.

On an ecommerce note, customers find products in different ways and allowing them to "drill-down" in the way that suits their needs means less abandonment of the process and more conversions.

PLEASE facilitate this, I'm begging you :)

Comment

Merchant 5.5 should contain a built in ContactUs page template. Almost every site needs one.

Merchant API already contains a built in SendEmail function so wouldn't this be a pretty simple addition?
                      Ray Yates
                      --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

This seems like a simple thing but how about the ability to state the maximum allowable characters for a text box attribute. This would save me soooo much time from having to hunt down customers and correct their entry.

Thanks,
                        Christine
                        Thanks,
                        Christine

Comment

There are 4 dream features and it would be very close to perfect.

1) I would like it to be built-in that, on the product template page, you can have a large product picture and then several small product pictures shown below. I know there is a module that does this but it would be nice to have it built in.
                          What would be the BEST would be:
                          Say you have 5 products that are identical except are different color combinations. Currently, you can list them each separately as different products which makes your store quite full OR you can list them as one product and use a drop down menu (or buttons) to choose the color variation you would like. The problem with the latter is that you can't keep track of inventory very well- especially when synching with Quickbooks.
                          Instead I would like to have the product page as described above in 1) BUT when you click on one of the smaller product photos, it not only changes the larger photo on the page, but actually changes to the produt page for that other color combination (so all of the product attributes listed change too). When the customer clicks "buy" button, they are purchasing a specific product without having to choose from a drop down menu. It looks like there is only one product page but you can have each product loaded separately into MIVA. Hopefully you can understand my description- it's easier to see than to describe.

2) Be able to have a long and short product name. I'd like to have a short product name that can show on pages that show all of the products in a certain category. Then on the product page, i'd like to be able to use the long product name.

3) This one is really important!!!! New York State has different tax rates for different areas (which are based on zip code +4). We are required to collect and be able to differentiate these rates. So, it is essential that before calculating the tax rate, MIVA uses the adrress to get the zip+4 to calculate the tax rate. There is a company AVALARA that does this. I have spoken to them and I know they have been in contact with you before. Please either have this built-in or at least offer it as a module as i don't want to break tax laws using your ecommerce software!

4) Build in the option to have customers to accept or decline insurance (mainly for USPS) and the ability to add some text saying that if they decline insurance that the shipper won't be held liable for any lost packages. (i know this last part is easy to add but the built-in option to have a separate insurance calculation to be added to the order.

Besides this, I love my MIVA!

Comment

A user-friendly multiple ship-to address functionality. Existing 4.x Checkout supermod multiple shipping GUI is frankly a nightmare and causes our customers more grief than if they just created a different order for each purchase. This is a critical need for one of my clients and MIVA doesn't offer the functionality in an easy to understand GUI. site is: www.hyattfruitco.com THANKS!

Comment

Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 Dream Features

Enhancement Suggestion: Include "503 Service Unavailable" error header and title tag when taking site off-line for maintenance via Admin. This avoids Google from indexing site maintenance message when site is off-line.

w3.org Status Codes
                              Google Webmaster Help Center
                              Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

I VOTE FOR getting an ASSIGN Statement in storemorph

A thought... on solving a problem that I have for the iteration through the product attributes vs no attributes.

if there were either a way to test for the existence of attributes,
                                then one could do an if else kind of thing if attributes exist for a product or not.

if attributes
                                do this
                                else
                                do that
                                end if

However this is a limited situation.. and I can see where I need more control that just for attributes.. say categoraies... etc..

SO if there was a way to assign a variable. then one could set up a true-false if-else also. To my mind this latter situation is way more desireable. As it would cover many more situations like the one above.. and enable people to code storemorph around issue where they need to check if something has occurred or exists. Instead of buildling in dozens of checks for things like have attributes or not, how many attributes... have categoriies etc..

Simple assigning vars could help A LOT of things.

for my situation I would do this.

set x =0
                                attributes loop
                                set x =1
                                end attributes loop

if x =0
                                do this
                                end if

*** if I can have only one.. I VOTE FOR getting an ASSIGN Statement

(fyi being able to increment and decrement it would be nice too)
                                Last edited by kayakbabe; 09-25-08, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X