No announcement yet.

Building Kits & Tracking Inventory??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Building Kits & Tracking Inventory??

The Stone Edge Order Manager (www.StoneEdge.com/OrderManager.htm) may be able to solve some of these problems. You can configure the Order Manager to treat each selected attribute as a separate line item. Some attributes can come in as "product options", such as color and size, which are not tracked for inventory purposes, and others can come in as separate SKUs for which quantity on hand is tracked.

Note that this is different than the usual way the Order Manager works, where "parent SKUs" are combined with selected attributes to generate a "sub SKU" that is used for inventory tracking.

If you are interested, give us a call at 215-641-1837 and we will help you figure out how to make your case work.
    - Barney Stone, Owner
    Barney Stone Software
    Add-on programs and services for Monsoon Stone Edge users
    www.BarneyStoneSoftware.com

Comment

Barney, who is the response too?
      Unemployed

Comment

Originally posted by klassic
        Barney, who is the response too?
        I was directing my comments at both you and mcarroll. I think we have potential solutions for both of you.
        - Barney Stone, Owner
        Barney Stone Software

Comment

Actually we tried Stone Edge and there was a problem with the way that it imported the products. I think it was trying to build the kits on the import and created several million sub skus. The program get very bogged down and we were approaching the access database limit. We are not ready to step up to sql server. Thanks for the reminder though. It seems like a very good program. Just not suitable for our products.
          Unemployed

Comment

Originally posted by klassic
            Actually we tried Stone Edge and there was a problem with the way that it imported the products. I think it was trying to build the kits on the import and created several million sub skus. The program get very bogged down and we were approaching the access database limit. We are not ready to step up to sql server. Thanks for the reminder though. It seems like a very good program. Just not suitable for our products.
            I think I remember that. I thought we came up with a different solution for you, where the program would not build sub skus, but instead would import the attributes as separate line items, as I described in my earlier message. If you want to give it another try, give me a call and I will have my Miva programmer go over it with you and see if we can make it work like that.
            - Barney Stone, Owner
            Barney Stone Software

Comment

Working...
            X